'04 CRF450 on the way!

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Hey All,

I ordered an '04 CRF450 yesterday and I just had to tell someone who would know why I'm so excited. It'll be the first NEW dirt bike I've ever had. I haven't ridden an '04 yet (only an '02) but the reports are good and I'm hoping that it's streets ahead of the '99 YZ400F I'm riding now. It should be here in two weeks.

Cheers.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
My heavily modified YZF444 is incredibly fun and was the best bike I had ever ridden by far but my essentially stock CRF450 is so much better it's painfull. Congrats, you'll LOVE the bike.

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
congrats on the new biike, but that doesnt make me any less bitter since i havent got one. it must be this bad "attitude" of mine!@ :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Originally posted by bclapham
congrats on the new biike, but that doesnt make me any less bitter since i havent got one. it must be this bad "attitude" of mine!@ :)
or it's the Brit thing. :moon:

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
hey- from what ive been reading, your attitude stinks worse than mine! :p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Originally posted by bclapham
hey- from what ive been reading, your attitude stinks worse than mine! :p
Yeah but I'm an American so it's OK. :aj:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Imho,

congrats on the new scoot!!!
I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. I had never owned a brand new dirtbike before.
Then at Dirtweek, I got a manfunnel and my world changed.
within 6 weeks time I had a shiney new 04 CRF450 in my garage! :aj:
You'll love it! It sure beats the piss outta my old CR500 for smooth power delivery. ;)

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Originally posted by Imho
Hey All,

I ordered an '04 CRF450 yesterday and I just had to tell someone who would know why I'm so excited. It'll be the first NEW dirt bike I've ever had. I haven't ridden an '04 yet (only an '02) but the reports are good and I'm hoping that it's streets ahead of the '99 YZ400F I'm riding now. It should be here in two weeks.

Cheers.
I got mine in sept. and was able to ride it for a month before the snow hit .It is freakin amazing!! I`ve had euro ,enduro, two strokes until now ,and this thing kicks! Your gonna love it!!

Welcome to the club :) LOL... yet another clique on DRN. CRF Owners. No, not those tiddler CRFs, the big ones.

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Has anyone ever noticed how looooooong two weeks really is? :ugg:

MAN! I'm still on the 125 :whiner: I haven't ridden the 450 Honda yet, but I will. I rode my 2nd 4-stroke ever this past weekend, a YZ426. It was incredible. I didn't think I'd like a thumper, I keep telling myself so anyway. I had been on the 125 the entire day and just before I loaded up, my buddy with the new RM250, (with the bent handlebars, broken toes and bruised tail bone on his 1st ride out) ask me to ride his bike and "clean it out." I did and then the other guy with us asked me to ride the 426. I couldn't believe how the 4-strokes accelerate, it's like they never quit and it was so easy to go fast on. I still want to 2-stroke 250 before they become extinct but I'm wanting a 4-stroke so i can "feel the power!"

Jeff, next time I'm down at Nocona, you're welcome to ride mine. Careful though, they are adidcting! Better yet, mine will be for sale this summer :)

I was sure the CRF250 would be the perfect bike for me, but after riding one, the 450 really stands out. I was afraid I was getting into another arm killer (AF), but it's not like that at all. I LOVE the 450.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Originally posted by Okiewan
Better yet, mine will be for sale this summer :) 
Making room for an '05

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
Has anyone ever noticed how looooooong two weeks really is?
Patient Imho, they're probably having trouble floating it over from the mainland on the rubbermaid transport device. (and during Great White season)

Probably some dingo's and croc's after it as well, mate.

Fair Dinkem, and good on ya.

Don't ya hate ignorant Americans that pull stuff like this? ;)