paradis1142

Sep 1, 2008
Im getting back into the offroad thing this year and I was wondering if Im to big for a 125 and should go the 250 route (two strokes only)? Ive riden trials all my life so experience with handling a bike is no big deal Ive got that but Im 5'11 205lbs in good shape. Im not worried about being able to handle a 250 its just that I have found some really good deals on a couple of 125 bikes. Thanks for any input.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, you may find that a 125 just lacks power for a guy your size.

I found that a 125 or 250f just doesn't have quite enough power for my taste.

Not that I can ride the 450 with any skill, but it certainly doesn't leave me wanting for anything.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I am 6' and 195 lbs. I started off on a YZ-125 (two stroke). It took me a while to get the hang of it but I did all right on that bike. I still have it and love to ride it when I am just messing around. It wasn't until I started riding enduros that I upgraded to a 250.

The time when the power will be an issue is climbing hills. If the face of the hill is fairly open then it is usually just a matter of twisting the throttle all the way and staying on the pipe! When the hill is a technical single track and you have to pick your way between rocks and over tree roots while climbing the 125 can be seriously lacking.......

If you have experience on a bike and don't anticipate hill climbs then I would go for the 125. Otherwise, fill out the "sticky" at top of this forum so we can get some additional information to help you better.

Rod

paradis1142

Sep 1, 2008
I live in Tn and will do all of mriding in the woods. Enduro races could be in the future, so im sure there will be some hillclimbs since its fairly mountainous here. Im 28 and a fairly aggressive rider always trying to push myself to get better.

Top Bottom