Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I think I buy a 112.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
I don't know who, but somebody once pointed out that the price of a chain generally does not increase with the # of links. I ordered the longest chain available and sized to fit my sprocket combo.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
When did things change from 108 links being oem and fitting a 13/47?

And this time I even checked to be sure an 'H' model is what is being talked about.

110 is used for 13/49-50 from anything I've heard. Consider that a 50t rear will require a different rear guide.

re: 'any junk o ring chains or sprockets to stay away from?'

You likely won't find consensus on this question. Maintenance procedures will have a huge impact on the life of any chain/sprocket combo. Someone using a not-so-good chain and taking excellent care of it will have an opinion that will seem to not jibe with someone else's opinion of that same chain.....them not taking care of it at all.

I've had excellent luck with RK (x-ring) chains. I prefer steel to aluminum, self cleaning to 'regular'. I've found Renthal CSSs (counter-shaft-sprockets) to fit much better than any other CSSs I've tried.

If you buy 112, make sure you have a chain breaker or other suitable tool to take off a couple links.

maddawg

May 20, 2004
there is a place here that is called Princess Auto (Canada) not that you have one there but any auto supply store should have them, I bought a 10ft length motor bike chain, it's a little long but easily cut to size. If your looking for something a little cheaper that's the way to go. It fits great and looks just like my old one, minus the wear and tear. It only costs me 18$. I called my local dealer and they wanted 100$ for one on sale (little too much for me). It's meant to fit a 50t sproket. love it!!!

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
110 is correct - I put a Sidewinder chain and sprockets on all at the same time and have been happy with them. No noticeable stretch after a year. I probably maintain it more than average but that's me. I will tell you that the chain lube they offer is some of the best I've used. It clings to the chain but doesn't collect dirt and sand, and it cleans up at the car wash with soap and water. You have to keep the master link greased but I haven't noticed any tight links in any of the other links.

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
so to run a 50 tooth rear

so to run a 50 tooth rear I need to get another chain guide, the stock one wont fit?will it fit with a 49 or 48 :worship:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
A 50T rear sprocket will work with the stock chain guide. It will sit in the guide, but that's OK.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
An o-ring chain is slightly wider than the stock non-oring chain which makes a tight fit through the stock chain guide. You can either buy a new chain guide through someone like FRP or modify the stock guide with some spacers.

jssport

Feb 20, 2003
112 is correct,.. fits perfect on my bike 13/50, 110 was stock on 13/47

Mine is an E series but I don't believe it's different on later models,....

Top Bottom