I have cleaned my drum with a brake cleaner and installed news Vesrah brake shoes.
The first tests show a great improvement, with more miles the results will be better: .
Success for such technologie, with cleaning and grinding the old one could be used later on.
I realize I miss lot of power for a 175cc, 55 mph is too low.
First test without air filter: no change.
I am going to look the timing, and after the carburetor...
Compression test needs equipment I don't have but will be necessary too.
- I adjust the timing and tested with a timing light: engine is running smoothly with less vibrations but still under 5000 rpm
- Remove the silencer, no improvement.
- Compression test by 91F is 155 psi (engine still hot).
- I am suspecting a wrong position from the disc: