Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
I tried bigger jets without clear improvement. The timing seems to be little bit different from the original setting. I need to test different positions....

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
Last news:
- I adjust the timing and tested with a timing light: engine is running smoothly with less vibrations but still under 5000 rpm
- Remove the silencer, no improvement.
- Compression test by 91F is 155 psi (engine still hot).
- I am suspecting a wrong position from the disc:
Disc.JPG
I am still looking, ....

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
Finally the exhaust was clogged_YWN_, after this I change the front sprocket for the original value 14 teeth (I had a 15).
I know reach 60 mph (confirmed by GPS). The vibrations are quite high, and carburetion needs to be finalised.
In the same time I found a bottom part from the engine at fair price on EBAY. The old lady will be ready soon _LUV__LUV__LUV_

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
Last news: My idle speed in hot condition was very high, I replaced the exhaust seal and the trouble is solve.
62%5B1%5D.gif

The oil pump was not working properly (leaking), I replaced it with a cheap Ebay purchase, trouble solve.
The vibrations seems to higher than expected, such engine 2 strokes have always some issue. I have the original
piston and cylinder: I will test with them...
7mu1.gif

To finalize the rebuilt is taking some time, however this bike is funny to use: light and enough powerful for open road.

Divouneh

Divouneh
Apr 10, 2020
Princeton
After 1000 miles, the bike reach 65mph (GPS reading), still few vibrations in the feet but I am live with them _OMG_...
I am using the Lucas semi synthetic lube oil: I miss the smoke and smell from the old oil O_O.
I will start soon to rebuilt a 1975 250GT Suzuki but using daily my 175KE...
End of the story ...

Top Bottom