spiracing

Feb 24, 2005
Guys, I need some help. I need a piston for a 85 kx 500. Wiseco quit making them years ago and Kawasaki just discountuined them this year. 1985 is a stand alone year. 83-84 are the same,86-87 same and 88-04 are the same again. I bought this bike new and I had no warnning that it was a stand alone at the time. Kawasaki does not have a dealer search.
So next time your in the dealer will you check their stock and see if they got 1 or 2 or more.
I will pay a $75.00 finders fee to the guy who can find it.
Thanks
Rick
248-765-7509

The_STiLe

May 9, 2005
btw download the pdf document, the on line catalogue wont show the parts, you cant buy parts direct from them, you will have to go to a moto shop and ask them to order it for you, happy hunting

spiracing

Feb 24, 2005
Pro X does NOT have them. Unless im stupid and missed it. (could be)
And yes its american dollars, unless you want something else.
The bounty still stands.

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Maybe try calling LA sleeve they might have 1. http://www.lasleeve.com/master.html

Or ask Eric gorr. An 88 piston might work in the 85 just the 85 piston used 1 ring.

I know my dealer here in canada stores Kawai Oem parts in a big warehouse so they might have 1 on the shelf, but I can't find out for a few days.

spiracing

Feb 24, 2005
All ready tried L.A. Sleeve and talked to Eric. This is why this post is here. I think I have exusated my sources. The 88's up have 2 rings and old Dino is just 1 ring. Wiseco will make pistons...But min order is 24 pcs @ $154.00 each. (i got a qoute) If I could find buyers for 20 pistons I would go that route. I had 1 aftermarket dealer say he would take 20 of them if he could find them, but when I got a qoute and asked for a P.O. for the other 20, I never herd from him again.
The bounty still stands
Thanks Guys!
Rick

spiracing

Feb 24, 2005
I have tried Bikebandit.com also. This is why Im asking you guys to check the local dealers in your area. Next time your there just ask, You could make $75.00!
The bounty still stands
Thanks
Rick

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
i got a place down here in florida i will give a call tommorow morning i will post when i get home from work about 5 or 6pm est
there are alot of old bikes still alive down here and this guy has had parts for my 1990 on the shelf when suz said no way
let you know tommorow
gordon

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
Im pooped i looked around for probably a hour or so and i couldn't find anything. Having a stand alone bike must be a real drag i feel for ya.

I called up my local Kawasaki dealer and he said they don't carry them. I also called up my buddy at the bike shop and asked him if he knew of a place where you could order them from. He looked through all the books and couldn't find a single place to order them from. All he was able to find was plastics which won't do you any good.

Its probably almost worth it to find people with the same year bike that need top ends and make a big order of custom mades. You could also try browsing kx500 forums or something and see if anyone who rides that yr bike knows of a place to get top ends. Sorry i couldn't help ya.

Top Bottom