mxcrazed

Mar 1, 2008
Hey guys I am new here but not new to my bike i am having some troubles with it though and I am hoping that you guys can help out. The problem is/was I was riding it was about 40 degrees out and the bike was warm when ever i would twist the throttle it would rev like crazy even ig i moved it 1/4 inch and stay there for about 20 seconds. after that I killed the engine and had trouble starting it (usually starts 1st kick warm) soi got it started with the choke on and left it on because it ran fine like that. after 15 more minutes of riding it conked out not like it ran out of gas like there was no spark so i used a spare plug and checked and nothing was visible in the sun so i pulled the kill switch out of the circuit, then i pulled the Answer Roost Boost out of the circuit and it didn't start so i get it back home and the next day in the garage with every thing wired back up it has spark. after all that excitement i got it to fire for a few seconds and killed the engine and put it away because of the frustration. What do you guys think is up with this machine?

P.S. sorry about the lack of punctuation.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
when you tried to start it, was it in gear or neutral. when my CR needed a clutch it was so bad that the bike would rev out and i was barley going anywhere. how old is the clutch?

mxcrazed

Mar 1, 2008
in neutral the bike would rev out when I was stationary the clutch doesn't slip with the Hinson basket
thanks for the quick reply!

jp2396

Dec 12, 2004
Sounds like it was running a bit lean, since you were able to start it again with the choke on. In 40 degree weather, the air is a lot more dense than say 65 degree's. When you say it conked out like there was no spark, was there no spark or is that just what it seemed like?

mxcrazed

Mar 1, 2008
it seemed like that i was in a parking lot then it just stopped firing, i pullled the clutch and tried to pop it got one sputter than it stopped. This didn't feel like the i began riding and forgot to turn the fuel on scenario with hesitation as the bowl empties it just stopped randomly then i tipped it ofer to flood the caarb and check for gas. i tested it for spark right after and couldn't see any (i should have tried the shock method)then i removed the kill switch and roost boost from the circuit and it didn't fire but I did get one brap on a 45 degree hill when i tried to pop it.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
mxcrazed said:
in neutral the bike would rev out when I was stationary the clutch doesn't slip with the Hinson basket
thanks for the quick reply!

whens the last time you replaced the clutch? how dirty is your airfilter? take the carb apart and spray through all the jets and passage ways. how old are the reeds? check those to. thats a strange problem you have here.

mxcrazed

Mar 1, 2008
i don't know how old the clutch is but it is fine for the riding i do and i have not encountered any problems with it i don't know how old the reeds are either I'm gonna clean th carb first because it won't start now : (

Top Bottom