KoryM

Mar 30, 2010
hey i have a question. i have a rt 100 and it will start right up and run almost perfect but if the engine is warm (hot hot) and i try to open up the throttle, once it revs really high, all it does is stay at that speed and rpm and then it smokes alot... is my oiler up too high?(it's oil injected), can i turn it down?, how can i fix the problem....once it has been running hot and i go to do that it is fine. whats the problem? and if i turn the bike off for 2 minutes but it is still pretty warm it will happen all over again...thanks for the help in advance...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It may be that the choke is still on. That carb has a plunger style choke and it may be dirty and not closing all the way. When the choke is on it opens a hole that lets extra gas get to the engine and closing the choke blocks the hole. When the plunger gets dirty and doesn't close all the way you'll get too much fuel in the engine and it will run very rich after it's warmed up.

I had a similar problem and the bike would start without even putting the choke on.

Don't adjust the oiler until you have tried everything else. You could end up seizing the engine by masking what the real problem is.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You will need to remove the carb from the bike and then unscrew the plunger assembly. If you want to just check to see if it's dirty you can unscrew the plunger while the carb is on the bike but DO NOT atempt to clean it out until the carb has been removed. You don't want dirt and crap in the engine.

KoryM

Mar 30, 2010
i took off the carb and took out the plunger today and i cleaned them but its still the same idea, its still happening...how do i adjust the oiler?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
....once it has been running hot and i go to do that it is fine.
What do you mean by this? First it does it when it's hot hot, then when it's hot it's fine?? :think:

Did it run OK before, is this something new?

Again, don't mess with the oilier until all else is eliminated.

KoryM

Mar 30, 2010
haha, ok nevermind i figured out the problem, it was a throttle cable that got striped that allows the oil to go into the carb, a mechanic fixed it in like 20minutes, haha, thanks for all your help man!!! :)

Top Bottom