1st Annual Idaho Extreme........Ride and Retreat

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Me and a buddy of mine have decided to host a ride here in Idaho. We are wanting to have a "guys" only type weekend getaway ride. I have some vacation property in central Idaho north east of the town of McCall.

We are planning to do it the weekend of September 15th.

I have about 6 acres that backs up to the Payette National forest. All the riding will leave right from the camp. There is water on the property and a toilet. No power or phones. The rides will be loops from 20 miles to 40 miles. Nothing to "technical". (Most anyone minus true beginners would do fine). Speed is the key. We will have sweepers but we are not gonna play around. We are gonna boogie down the trail. There will be 2 track (ATV and Jeep) trails, single track and some fire/logging roads. Everyone can camp on my property RV's, campers, and tents are welcome. If anyone is intrested send me an email. This started out as a "Me and a couple buddies" thing but I thought it would be cool to extend the offer to others.

It would be nice if we could get all of the DRN Idaho members together for a ride....

And like the Reno Valentines Day Ladies Ride, that allowed guys. We too will allow the ladies......

Fly'nBrian

Lifetime Sponsor
Man I would love to go BUT, I am elk hunting that week. I will be in the mcall aea the 13-26. Good luck on your ride.

380EXCman,

I'll give it a try if I can ride by then. I broke a wrist Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend.

Where NE of McCall is your place?

my wife and I live in Boise. We have a summer home at West Mountain so I won't be camping, just up for the days.

Jerry

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
My property is in Secesh Meadows, it is on "Warren Wagon Road" between the Burgdorf junction and Warren. There is some great riding up there.

Its gonna be fun. Even if there is only a few of us we will have a blast. I have been riding this area since I was 5 and I still cant get over the beauty.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Top..

I'm definitely interested

380EXCman,

Or should that be 550FCman? I could definitely go for a ride in that part of the country. The TVTMA is having a ride at Warm Lake (Stolle Meadows) next weekend and the "family" will be attending too.

Let me know the details and I'll put it on my calendar. We may be dodging arrows during that time, better wear the "heavy" chest protector.

Jeff

380excman
I know the meadows area. I have passed there many times on the way into Chamberlin Basin. I flew a near-death snowmobiler out of there in a horible snowstorm 3 years ago. He got pie-eyed and leaned to the side of his machine while passing a 10 inch tree at a high rate of speed.

It looks like my wrist may heal fast enough to make the ride. I'm out of the cast and wearing a fiberglass brace half-time now.

I'd like to learn the area from a local. Looking forward to the ride.

Jerry

Man I'd love to be there but its too soon for me to commit, espicially that time of year. I think my cousin may be getting married that weekend and of course I'm in the wedding:think I'm really not looking forward to dressing up for that. Isn't it strange I'm fine with spending $150-160 on MX pants but cringe at spending like $60 on some slacks. I'll keep the ride in mind and get it figured out.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Yep should be a blast. We will firm thing up more as time goes by. But we are set on the date. So you can plan on it.

There will be a few bow hunters out there. But I would rather ride in bow season than rifle season..... The date is a pretty good one though. Kids are back in school. Everyone has settled in from vacations. But its still not so late that we are all out hunting or watching the snow fly.

Just a weekend gettaway. There is great fishing right from my property in the Secesh river. (Catch and release please).

We will see lots of historical stuff including the wreckage of a World War II era bomber....

dirtbikedad- I think I know the guy you hauled out of there... Did he have busted up ribs....and maybe a back or neck problem?

I rode in the Ketchum area in the Sawtooth NF last year at the Idaho spodefest. It was awesome. The scenery incredible. If the riding and scenery will be anything like that, you guys thinking about going won't be sorry. To get an idea, check out my pix page.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Bump

Its still ago....... Im Buying the Beer...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Freakin' weddings!

I'd love to make it, but I like sleeping in my own bed (rather than the doghouse!)

Sounds like a blast.

380excman,

The guy I hauled out had a bad head injury, a punctured lung from broken ribs and 2 broken femurs. He was in bad shape.

I have 15 SEP down on my calendar. Won't be the first time I dodged arrows. The only conflict is the Reno Air Races and I have been there a million times.

Looking fwd to it.

Jerry:) :)

Last edited:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Closer yet......

Did a little scouting this weekend, the trails were in great shape. Had some light showers and cool weather. Come Septembetr it should be perfect riding weather up there.

Does anyone want to fish some high mountain lakes or are we just gonna ride? Alot of the riding we will be doing will take us to or near some great fising holes.

Most of the riding we will be doing is going to be pretty easy and not very technical. It will be fast single track and some fire roads. The loops will not be real big (so dont sweat if you have a small tank) 20 to 60 miles.

I plan on getting up there on Thursday night (the13th) to setup and plan on coming back monday (the 17th)... So if anyone wants to come up a day early feel free......

That might be a trip my man and I would be in to. We've done a ton of snowmobiliing around that entire area so it'd be fun to explore it on dirt. Sounds like you have a nicepiece of property up there, the warren wagon road area would be one of my top choices to buy land or a cabin.