1st Annual Idaho Extreme........Ride and Retreat

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Fly'n - Its Burgdorf..... We may ride up there Saturday night to rest our sore bones....... Its only about 5 miles from my property......

SL - Try and make it its gonna be fun... Your Friend should not have any troubles riding. Its pretty easy riding not to technical.....Bluethumper once rode with me up there with a broken collarbone.......:eek:

My property is about 30 mile northeast of McCall on Warren Wagon Rd.

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
380, maybe you scare a bull my way :), I will be camping not far from the Meadows. Have a fun safe ride. Wish I was bringing the DRZ, but cost to much to fly it out there.

Brian

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
380EXCman,

Got my new Clarke tank on the 400 yesterday. No more worries about getting in gas trouble, unless the tank breaks!

My riding pal has a prior engagement of the "spousal" kind. I'm going to check on another riding partner and see if he can make it though. I've got the nod from my better half (for now).

Send me the directions and we'll be there.

Jeff

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
SL - I think you would be OK with out but,

It's just one of those things you have to decide for yourself. The Forest Service does require one so you could be fined if caught without one. I have never ever been checked and quite frankly I have never even seen a Forest Service employee out of their vehicle ever! I think it would be almost impossible to start a fire with debris or flames coming from the tail pipe, especially with a 2 stroke. As a matter of fact Im more likely to start a fire with my head pipe.

There are free flowing MX freindly spark arrestors out there (like the Turbine Core II). If you could not afford one and were concerned about the matter I have seen guys take some fine metal screen from a hardware store and cover the end of the silencer and attach it with a hose clamp. It is not Forest Service "approved" but its no different than whats on my Big Gun.

Come on up.....:cool:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
FC550man, can't confirm right now.:( My dad decided to take a trip to Arkansas to visit Grandma. I'll be at the shop myself from the 12 to the 24th. I think I will have my hands full there. I was looking forward to the ride. I raced the Wild West Nationals over the weekend and the wrist felt great... I took 2nd.:)

I race the 8th in Kimberly and then again the 22 in Jackpot Nev. I have a lot of work to do.

If I can make it, I will let you know ahead of time. If I don't make it, there will be more rides to follow I'm sure;) I'll catch ya next time.

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
Sorry, but I think we are going to have to pass this weekend. We are probably going to St. Anthony Sand Dunes (again) in a few weeks and it'd be to many trips to close together. I know the riding will be great and maybe we can make it next time. Have fun everyone!

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Sorry, Can't ride for about 2 months. I was nearly recovered from the Memorial Day broken wrist and was looking forward to the Idaho Extreme weekend when I broke my shoulder. On Labor Day I was riding on West Mountain near Poison Lake when I let myself get into a rut that my front wheel wouldn't climb out of. I took a dive into a rock pile. Now I'm working on the second recovery of the summer.

I hope you have a good turn out and a safe weekend.

Who is planning to attend.

Jerry

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
How was the ride?

Who all went? We should have gotten directions before you all went b/c we could have come up on Sunday. I'm bummed but hopefully next year!

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
oops..

Last edited:
Top Bottom