2 cheap bikes, easy for noob to repair?

Sulleigh

Sep 27, 2008
I've found a couple of cheap bikes on craigslist that are relatively local. One is a 2001 ke 100 and the other is a 1998 ttr 225.

The ke100 is going for $400 and needs a a rear tire tube or something and maybe new tires.

The ttr225 needs a battery, chain, and new side plastics and is going for $200.

What do yall think? Are these pretty decent deals? I haven't seen the bikes so I don't know how they could cosmetically or how they run. This will be my first bike so I have no idea what I'm looking at or how to repair anything lol.

thanks.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I don't know anything about a KE100. $200 for a TTR-225 is a great price, assuming it runs. If it can't be ridden at all because of the battery & chain then I would avoid it as it could become a money pit.

To compare value consider a new set of tires to be worth around $100. If you need to replace a chain you probably need to replace the sprockets as well, again around $100. If the TTR-225 has side plastics at all I would leave them alone until you gained some experience, no point in scratching up brand new plastics learning how to ride.

Now, why don't you tell us about yourself so we can tell you if either of these bikes are suitable for you. There is a "sticky" at the top of this forum that has a list of questions. Fill out the form and post the answers.

Rod

Top Bottom