karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I'm pretty sure you'll know if it's working well or not.....
There are plenty of other details to work out.

Hey, that front wheel isn't going to hit the pipe is it?

Mine did first few rides on full fork compression.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Quick question? Is there a large improvement with the aluminum cr125 chassis over the steel chassis? I was wondering as it appears that all other manufacturers stayed with steel ( I haven't watched motocross in years so the only 2 I've looked at are green and red.) There is a guy selling a complete 97 cr125 for 500 here locally which is why I ask.
thanks

legendboy

May 11, 2006
blackduc98 said:
Don't thank me yet. It seems that some pages are blank. Try this link instead:

http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/do_you_really.pdf

So what are the measurements of the 2 pipes? I'm just curious.

I will take some measurements tonight for ya

ebeck said:
Can't wait for a ride report!

me either! its snowing here today tho :yell:

I got all my rad hoses and clutch cable done, just need to wire it up, change the clutch and put a new rear tire/tube and chain on, fuel lines and hoses and i guess its done!!

legendboy

May 11, 2006
more pics tonight, should be able to get it pretty much buttoned up. Going to a bike wreckers this afternoon to try and find a kickstarter.

old tire hard as a rock
23.jpg

Kenda K257D
24.jpg

Last edited:

legendboy

May 11, 2006
Well we got around 6" of snow on saturday, didn't get too much done. Bike as it stands, waiting for new plastics and a few small things and some nice weather to get it all cleaned up.

25.jpg

Last edited:

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Man I wish I had your skills. I know how a screwdriver works, so I got that going for me. :)

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
it seems like a few months ago i never really saw white plastics on bikes well i did just not many of them and now that i have bought white plastics it seems like everyone is putting them on there bike maybe it's just now that i have them i pay more attention to people who do but whatever. bike is looking rad man should be pretty sweet set up for the trails and a little jumping when done.

legendboy

May 11, 2006
Bike is done. Me and a few of my buds all rode it and the verdict is in.........the pipe is too small (damn!)

The bike felt really wicked on the bottom end but there was a weird flat spot about half way up the rpms and when i got on the pipe the powerband is less then spectacular to say the least haha

oh well i figure i had a 50/50 chance of it being rideable so it was worth a shot. I also figure i will lose bottom end with the 250 exhaust but we shal see....

So now i have to hunt down a stock cr250 exhaust from somewhere......

legendboy

May 11, 2006
hmm i got a 250 pipe and its even further away from fitting then a last gen kdx 220 pipe......maybe i try and make the kdx pipe fit even though it will be a major pita

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
If there is a bike boneyard near you, why not pick up a couple of different pipes and see what you can get to fit. I'd think a 250 MX pipe adapted to fit the KDX cylinder will get you there. I notice on the pipe you have it comes out from the cylinder and then pretty quickly goes into expansion. Most 250 pipes come out of the cylinder and then turn left, curl down, and then into expansion, giving you a longer "straight" run before the expansion. The length of that is where the bottom end seems to come from and decides at what RPM it "comes on the pipe"
Are you sure your KIPs stuff is working right?
The pipes a minor thing. There must be several thousand variations out there. I'm sure you'll find one close that'll work.

(I must have got lucky! '96 CR250 pipe with the KDX snout welded on, works like a champ)

legendboy

May 11, 2006
A few pics of the kdx220 pipe

29.jpg

30.jpg

i will ride this tomorrow once its done and maybe an alley video

oh i made a bunch of thoes little body panel washer thingies too since most of them disapeared in my mess lol

31.jpg

body%20washers.jpg

Last edited:

legendboy

May 11, 2006
kdx exhaust done! (what a pita!)

all done except for fit new chain, front sproket guard (bolts bent).

32.jpg

gonna come home at lunch tomorrow and take it for a rip lol

Last edited:

cruel2bu

Mar 27, 2008
That is a great looking bike.It is interesting to see how people fab up Hybrids in different ways.What are you going to call it? Honasaki CRDX ? lol....
That is a great job.Let us know how it rides.

legendboy

May 11, 2006
cruel2bu said:
That is a great looking bike.It is interesting to see how people fab up Hybrids in different ways.What are you going to call it? Honasaki CRDX ? lol....
That is a great job.Let us know how it rides.

haha Hondasaki thats a good one, i may steal it :)

oh man wouldn't you know it i wake up this morning and were in a blizzard!!!!! nooooooooooooooo!!!!!! lol

Top Bottom