dandynick

Apr 18, 2007
Well, the engine rebuild on the our CR125 went well and the bike runs great! Except for the fact that the kicker seems to be buzzing and when you kill the engine, the kicker jumps just a little. This apparently indicates that the kicker gear is not disengaging completely. So I took off the clutch cover and had a look. The shaft has a spring that attaches into the shaft at one end and the other end hooks into the engine case. According to the Clymmer manual, that little shaft hole should be on the left side of the shaft. But when I hook the spring up, the shaft spins around so that the hole is on the right. Is this okay, or is it possible that the ratchet isn't indexed properly in behind?

dandynick

Apr 18, 2007
I pulled the clutch basket off today and pulled out the kick starter assembly. The ratchet wasn't indexed properly. There's a mark on the shaft collar and a mark on the ratchet. Line them up and then assemble the spring and put back into place. The return spring goes in on the left side of the shaft and the shaft no longer rotates. Bike went back together and there's no longer any buzzing or interference. All is good! :)

Top Bottom