KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
My friend has a 2001 Honda 200R and the red gas tank is cracking in about six or seven different locations. It hasn't leaked any gas yet. Has anyone else had similiar problems. Will check next week with the dealer to see if Honda will replace it. Bike is about 7 months old with only a dozen rides on it. I know that they keep gas in the tank but it shouldn't be cracking like this..

Bike runs fine otherwise.

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
If I remember right, the Honda dealer here received several replacement XR200 tanks because they were cracking. I'm sure this has to be a well known problem by now. If you want, try calling Honda World's motorcycle salesman about it. (541) 888-5588

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Update. I have been advised that Honda is replacing the $250.00 tank free of charge and will include a set of $60.00 decals. Way to go Honda, sticking behind your products.

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I am surprised! My 2001 XR200R is 7 months old with countless hours and crashes. No damage to the tank except some of the rocks I have fallen on have torn the decals.

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Rogue: If your tank had cracks in it you would know. Maybe Honda received a bad batch of tanks before it was discovered and they had already been shipped out and they had to wait till the individual problems were reported.

That's big business...

Top Bottom