kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
I have been looking at both of these bikes and without being able to try them out. I was looking to see if anyone had some input. As far as power, turn ability and so on. I read that Husky took one degree out of the neck and also raised it up to make it turn quicker. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance. :D

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
SPD, I was just there this last Saturday. I'm trying to get unbiased opinion of the CR. I have a 00 WR360 that has been nothing but reliable. But I want to get more of a motocross bike. With out (hopefully) the 360's little quirks. :silly:

Kintan

Nov 30, 1999
Could I ask what you mean by little quirks. Ive been thinking of trading my yz 426 for a 360. Also is it that bad for motocross . sorry for taking your thread off topic.

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
Knitan, What I mean by little quirks is, it is hard to kick if you get tired during a hare scramble or just out on long rides. Also the the pipe sticks out a bit far on the left (which seems to be the side I end up laying it down on when I go down) and usually it starts to bend in. Its good for about two or three lay downs depending how hard you hit. But like I wrote earlier it has been very reliable. As far as motocross it does ok, I've had my suspension redone by works enduro riders and it is set up for woods. In the woods it is great very easy to go over logs and roots. With out doing a bunch of adjustments it will bottom out on doubles and triples. I'm looking to get a CR or a SX to be a little quicker and to get a closer ratio trans.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
There is a guy on the board(I forget his name) whose son races the husky's. Do a search of the husky threads and his name will pop up. I'm surprised he's not answered this thread.

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
I know one guy who has this season replaced his Honda CR250 with a 2001 Husky CR250.He thinks the bike is better than the Honda.This guy is a former British fourstroke champion & knows a good machine when he's ridden one.He says the power delivery of the Husky is so smooth & controllable with a good chassis.
The only problem he's had was actually getting hold of one!It seems as if America has been taking all the production & the UK Husky importer had to confiscate a batch on course from Italy to the US.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I cut 1 inch out of the headpipe on my 360. I use an FMF pipe, which is tuned for low end. Removing the inch helped the power quite a bit. It also does not stick out too far now.

Chris

Top Bottom