2001 yz125 vs. 2002 cr125 which is best?

68b_body

Jan 24, 2008
i got it narrowed down to these 2 bike i've found. pretty close to the same price. yz lil cheaper, but 80 miles away. cr is a few blocks away. both had top end redone with under 5 miles on em (according to the owners)

so which one will outperform the other?

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
ha funny question buddy. Which one will outperform the other. You will get many biased answers. Choose your color. If you look at race results, yamaha quite often comes on top. Of course now I've made all the honda riders angry. I love my YZ 125 but I like honda's as well. As far as outperforming, unless you are a professional racer then I don't believe that question matters.

68b_body

Jan 24, 2008
unless you are a professional racer then I don't believe that question matters.
very true so let me rephrase then. which one is more reliable? handles jumps, landings, cornering better? more nimble?

Petey

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
I have A YZ125 and love it, but my friend also has a CR125 and both bikes have such amazing similarities... Id go with which ever bike is in better shape and has been taken care of better.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
The 2001 YZ was dominant in the class. It was ahead of the CR in the shootouts. That version of the CR frame was claimed to be stiff and several improvements have been made since.

I've owned several CR's and YZ's, I like them both. That being said, I think the YZ is the better of the two bikes that you have chosen.

Keep in mind that people will buy what they want regardless of others opinions, buy what looks and feels best to you.

Bars, tires, chain & sprockets condition, plastic, etc...

All that stuff costs money if it needs to be replaced.

good luck

wik91

Feb 5, 2008
My friend had a YZ 125 from 2002, it was moded for race, BUD head, YR complete exhaust, cylinder and piston from 2004 model and so on. It was one hell of a bike, it was really powerfull! I didn't rode it on racetrack but in the woods it was really good bike. Nice low end power that KTM and Honda don't have, and such a powerfull screaming high end! Well it was a bit slower from 2003 KTM SXS 125 but that KTM was really a complete race bike that has won many championships and the rider is near pro.

The same friend that had that YZ had a 2001 CR, it wasn't modified and it was still pretty fast bike. The only thing that she had is the FMF silencer nothing else. I rode it just 1 time and that was my first time on motocross bike so i didn't done powerband and ****s because i was scared of the power... hhhh

If i could choose i would choose a Yamaha because of the look and because of the parts.

Top Bottom