2002 KTM 520 and a 2001 ATK 605

billyji

Jul 26, 2006
I really want opinions from people who have ridden both the 605 and 520 or own both. If you don't fall into one of these categories I would rather get no response.
I presently own a 2001 ATK 605 and an older yz 250. I am seriously considering selling my yz and buying a 2002 ktm 520. Tell me what you know ? woods,desert,pavement etc Are these bikes too much a like ?

Thanks in advance Mike Green

CROGGR

Jul 6, 2005
billyji said:
I really want opinions from people who have ridden both the 605 and 520 or own both. If you don't fall into one of these categories I would rather get no response.
I presently own a 2001 ATK 605 and an older yz 250. I am seriously considering selling my yz and buying a 2002 ktm 520. Tell me what you know ? woods,desert,pavement etc Are these bikes too much a like ?

Thanks in advance Mike Green

The KTM and ATK aren't anything alike....the ATK is more like an XR and the KTM is more like well.....a new four stroke! Light and nimble with much quicker revving power! It has all the chuggability of say your ATK but it revs quicker, accellerates harder, is a lot lighter, and handles much much better! Yes I have owned them both! And there is a night and day difference between the two! That doesn't mean your ATK isn't a good bike......is works great for what it was designed to do...be a do it all trailbike that in most cases works better than the XR!

Top Bottom