scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I also have the KTM available if you need a bike, and I am about 30 minutes from Newark if you need someone to pick you up.  Unfortunately, I can't offer a place to stay since there is barely enough room for myself. 

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Scranton/Wilkes Barre Intl. Airport (in Avoca) is close, about a 45 minute drive South to Paragon (in West Hazleton), both the airport and Paragon are just off interstate 81, but I Don't know if you would be able to get a direct flight from Ca. or what kind of layovers you might have, they do have runs from a lot of major airports and you might get a good flight there. Good Luck.

Chief 

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Wow!  What a great response!  This might actually work out.  Chief, I think any airport I fly into is going to be a long day of travel, that's the breaks coming form Cali. 

I was originally planning to fly into the nearest airport and renting a car to drive to Paragon.  I've got a tent that travels well.  Chucke, I may need to borrow a few items, way to help a co-worker out :)   Newark sounds like a good idea since I can do a NYC visit after the Paragon thing.  Been wanting to do that.

RVJunkie I may take you up on your offer of the ride in - thanks!  It would be just me.  Scooter1130, will keep the KTM in mind ;)

Thanks everyone!  I've got some planning to do!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
What's wrong with not wanting blue balls? :eek: That would be alittle hard to get out of if the ice broke while crossing. I vow to make it through that one of these times. I may have to duct tape shut the air box slots and put a snorkle on the pipe. :)

Natalie, you just get your butt here and we'll all take care of the rest. When time draws near, make a list and we'll bring what you need.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
So nobody's going to do a winter ride?

C'mon I'm off from 12/24 - 1/5 lets get at least one ride in.

Scooter, what's it like up there? Have you been there lately?

WINTER RIDE!!! :yeehaw:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
TJ what do you mean you don't have a bike like Nat's. You've got mine ! Apart from the plastic being silver and it being a European version it's the same and Nat's ridden it once. If you ride and she comes up, she can have it for the day. I still have a nice pain across my back after 5 minutes of strenuous work ( haven't had it x-rayed ) so I won't be riding.

Sorry I haven't been in touch but I've been working and miserable.

Nat, go on up and ride for a weekend there are many bikes on offer.

Oh, by the way Hello !

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hi Flying Scot !! I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing back pain! :ugg: I'm hoping you will be all healed up by then and will be riding at Paragon with everyone, lets keep our fingers crossed.  (Of course I would NEVER pass up a chance to ride that silver euro KTM should it the opportunity present itself again ;) )

I've been looking into airfare and options.  Did we decide for sure on May 1st and 2nd?  I gotta start pushing off other work obligations to keep the dates clear.  Its a Sat/Sun ride?  So I should fly in Friday sometime.

TJ - I got a list, don't worry!  I'll try to keep it simple and bring what I can!  btw, how many people are coming to this ride?

Paragon!! :yeehaw:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I have your bike? :laugh:

You dont think you'll be ready to ride by spring? You must of messed up your back pretty good. Hope you feel better soon. Do you want me to hold onto your bike til spring? If so let me know so i can move it from my parents garage to my house.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Damn, 3 pages. Missed your post Nat.

Last year we had 26 or 28 riders but i'd expect more this year since there will probably be more significant others along since its a Family ride too.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
If you don't have the room for it chucke, I could put it in the trailer at Paragon so it will be available for any of us to wreck.....uhh....I mean use, when we ride there

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I have plenty of room just figured if i was going to have it til spring i'd bring it home. Dad doesnt run the heater in the garage but once in awhile. Plus i just feel safer when i can see it everyday so i know its still there. I'm bringing my bike home for winter maintence and figured i'd bring home Flying Scots too.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I've been looking into airfare and options.  Did we decide for sure on May 1st and 2nd?  I gotta start pushing off other work obligations to keep the dates clear.  Its a Sat/Sun ride?  So I should fly in Friday sometime.

TJ - I got a list, don't worry!  I'll try to keep it simple and bring what I can!  btw, how many people are coming to this ride?

Paragon!! :yeehaw:

Natty, you're going to come to the spring ride?!?!!?! :yeehaw: That's too cool! I can't wait!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
Natty, you're going to come to the spring ride?!?!!?! :yeehaw: That's too cool! I can't wait!

I can't wait either!!!  I'm starting to plan NOW!  Are we all going to BBQ or something?  What day does everyone show up, Friday or Sat?  What kind of facilities are at Paragon?  Can someone describe the riding?  I've only seen pics of single track that TJ took with his helmet cam (and most of those were on the ground when he went over the bars, lol).  Looked like woods woods woods!  COOL! 

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Woods and puddles! Thats what we like. LOL! I usually get to the campground friday afternoon as we usually ride by 9 to 10am each morning. Its pretty much all woods, rocks and water. If i can find the tapes (some i know i recorded over for dirtweek) i'll put them on DVD. We i get this done i'll let you know via PM to send you one if you want a preview of Paragon. Its all helmet camera footage. Picture Cooperlands single track except tighter trails, no sand and 100x more rock. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
There are no facilities at paragon yet......most people stay at RedRidge campgrounds http://www.gocampingamerica.com/redridgelake/ about 10 minutes from the park.    You can see a variety of the terrain at Paragon by clicking the link for my pictures in my profile.  see you there.....

By the way, for those of you who have not been to Paragon in the past month, there are some great new trails, and a very fun hill that runs off of turtle trail, and down into sleepy hollow......this one isn't bad dry.....but gets very challanging when its wet :p      These are not single track, but still great trails.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Natalie,

Last year we had about 30 riders at the spring DYDR ride. As DRN expands so do the number of people who attend these Paragon rides.

Paragon is HUGH!. Other than the entrance and exits to the trails from the parking area, you could ride that place all weekend and never see the same place twice. It has every type of trail you could want; from mild to wild. Last year the folks who run Paragon began construction of a MX track. I heard that it's completion was to be delayed until the spring of '04. Maybe Scooter could wisper in their ear about our ride in May...

>>>Are we all going to BBQ or something?

Oh, we'll BBQ alrighty!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by scooter1130
There are no facilities at paragon yet......most people stay at RedRidge campgrounds http://www.gocampingamerica.com/redridgelake/ about 10 minutes from the park. 

So, is RedRidge where everyone camps?  Do they at least have portajohns at Paragon?  Water source?  Believe me, I can survive in primitive settings, but damn the lack of Portajohns! ;) Do they allow fire pits?

From the pics in scooter's webshots, it looks like a lot of super fun trails.  By the way, is it going to be rainy in May?  I've rarely travelled that far east, not sure of the weather patterns.

Airfare looks reasonable to anywhere you all have suggested, except Allentown for some reason is double the cost to fly into Newark.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Paragon has portajohns. The campground has regular toliets, very hot showers, running water, electric outlets for your hair dryer, etc. They have fire rings at the campsites for fires.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragon has nor running water or electricity, but you can buy food and drinks there......they have sandwiches, hotdogs, and other stuff....the menu changes weekly.....there is also a spring along the trail if you need fresh water to fill a camel pack along the ride.......just make sure you find out what water is safe to drink, or you could spend the rest of the day in those portajons.

They don't allow fire pits, but if a few people bring along grills, we can have a barbeque.

And sorry, but the MX tracks will not be ready for spring.....They were attempting to build the tracks themselves, and found it to be just as expensive as haveing them done professionally.....so they are bringing in the experts to build the tracks.......As it gets close to opening, I will keep everyone informed, since the grand opening of the tracks promises to be a great event, and something you won't want to miss........I would like to tell you more, but then I would have to shoot you, or at least get one of thse mind altering things like the men in black use :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Looks like a winter ride is out, unless we get a large enough group.  Paragon is closing for the winter due to the weather qand ice con ditions.  They will open by request for groups, and will be reopening when the weather gets cooperates.....Hopefully they will reopen towards the end of Feb.  Looks like if they are closing, I will have the whole place to myself when I head out with the snowmobile

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
unfortunately not.....the trails in the park are really icy right now, which is why they closed......and because of the ice, they will be patroling to keep people out........

Top Bottom