2006 yzf 250 top speed

gregorious77

Feb 1, 2009
I used to have a 1999 aprilia RS250 which is a 2 stroke sports bike
60hp and It would top out at 130mph fully tucked in.
This bike has a proper very good fairing If i sat up I would be lucky to get 110mph

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The low end is the problem on the 250f. Gear it to go that fast and it will bog when you hit top gear.

Maybe if you ride the clutch and run it on the rev limiter???

This has to be the longest lasting "how fast" thread ever, lol!!

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
hey! if you take the engine out of your yzf250 and put it on a road bike, it'll go even faster!

just be sure to swap your yellow powerband out for two blue ones! :nener:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I've routinely had my YZ250f moving along at 95mph and a couple times at 110mph.

It is easy.

I just throw it in the back of the Dakota (when I had it) and go.

Ivan

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Oh yeah .... and when you do a speed run, you need to do it again in the opposite direction and take the average.

This stops the "wind at my back and going downhill" speed posers.

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
holeshot said:
Oh yeah .... and when you do a speed run, you need to do it again in the opposite direction and take the average.

The stops the "wind at my back and going downhill" speed posers.
Good point. A flat LOOKING stretch of road may reveal two very defferent top speeds in different directions, even on a calm day.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You will need to do more than just look at the pictures.

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009

i will definately do that, i have a gps, but no video camera, gunna have ta buy one, thanks for the support!!!!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
11brianm said:
i will definately do that, i have a gps, but no video camera, gunna have ta buy one, thanks for the support!!!!!

This one post proves you don't have the intelligence to even own a bike, let alone one that is modified in even the slightest way.

Please get a clue.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
_JOE_ said:
The low end is the problem on the 250f. Gear it to go that fast and it will bog when you hit top gear.

Maybe if you ride the clutch and run it on the rev limiter???
I see what you are saying and I suppose if you shift to 5th at 20 mph that would be a problem but if I were trying to get max speed out of it I am guessing I would switch out of 4th around 10-12k (if it would pull 4th gear) and if it bogged out at that point I think it would be due to a lack of high rpm power.

I rarely lug my way to max speed in high gear and I doubt there are many high speed engines tuned to make max power/speed in the lower third of their rpm range.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well I guess this thread just proves any idiot can post anything on the Internet and get at least a few people to believe it's fact.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Patman said:
Well I guess this thread just proves any idiot can post anything on the Internet and get at least a few people to believe it's fact.

Who posted something that was believed?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
11brianm said:
There's tears rolling down my cheeks! :rotfl:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
he could always put the bike in a helicopter...fly it to the top of a mountain....aim it at the steepest drop.....twist the throttle and pop the clutch....and enjoy the ride! I mean c'mon...it's about as smart, and also JUST as pointless as doing 85mph+ on a dirtbike! AAAAANDD I bet you he'll pass 85 really easily! WOOOOHOOOOO! I'll enjoy my first gear, 5mph turns!braaap

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
IndyMX said:
This one post proves you don't have the intelligence to even own a bike, let alone one that is modified in even the slightest way.

Please get a clue.

wtf are u talking about re re? :blah: :bang:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
11brianm said:
wtf are u talking about re re? :blah: :bang:

If you aren't smart enough to figure it out, I'd rather just sit here and laugh at you. Sorry. :whoa:

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
and bbesides, i only read the last of the post, not the part about ripping fenders off and ****, i ant that re re

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
why do all u people have to be ****n haters, why u gotta talk ****? u think u know everything? especially u indy, wtf? u ant ****n einstein, someones gunna show ur ass up one day, karma bitch!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Errr.. I'm actually quite sure of it. There will be many more times in my life that I'll stick both feet in my mouth. With out a doubt.

The difference between you and I though? I'll recognize when someone or several people for that matter, who are far more intelligent than I, show me how completely ignorant I am, and I'll learn from it.

You, being a stupid kid, don't know enough to know when someone is completely jerking your chain like our buddy H.L. Gomer was. Moron.

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
u guys are fricken immature, go cry me a river, i don't care if u believe me when i say my db does 85, cuz i know it does, i don't need ur approval! ever since i started this post, all i got was **** answers(with a few exceptions), all i wanted was help/ advice and u ****n gotta talk **** because ur "so much smarter than everyone"(indy) u know everything, ok mr know it all, go bitch at someone else!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…