gregorious77

Feb 1, 2009
I used to have a 1999 aprilia RS250 which is a 2 stroke sports bike
60hp and It would top out at 130mph fully tucked in.
This bike has a proper very good fairing If i sat up I would be lucky to get 110mph

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
James said:
I don't think low end torque is what is pulling it at 100 mph.

I think they improved the front fender on the XR650L...speedo said I was going 95-100 and the fender was holding up pretty good.

Now that I think about it, my XL250 went about 85 top speed (indicated) and the fender was ok. I always wondered why that bike seemed so much stronger than an XR250...maybe the dual carbs had something to do with it.
The low end is the problem on the 250f. Gear it to go that fast and it will bog when you hit top gear.

Maybe if you ride the clutch and run it on the rev limiter???

This has to be the longest lasting "how fast" thread ever, lol!!

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
hey! if you take the engine out of your yzf250 and put it on a road bike, it'll go even faster!

just be sure to swap your yellow powerband out for two blue ones! :nener:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Oh yeah .... and when you do a speed run, you need to do it again in the opposite direction and take the average.

This stops the "wind at my back and going downhill" speed posers.

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
holeshot said:
Oh yeah .... and when you do a speed run, you need to do it again in the opposite direction and take the average.

The stops the "wind at my back and going downhill" speed posers.
Good point. A flat LOOKING stretch of road may reveal two very defferent top speeds in different directions, even on a calm day.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You will need to do more than just look at the pictures.

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
High Lord Gomer said:
Brian, don't let the haterz get you down. They're just too scared to do what I have done and what you will soon be able to do, too!

It was a bit harder for me, and I only managed to hit 82, but I did it on a fully tricked out KDX80. Everyone told me it couldn't be done, but my neighbor is a mechanic and he board it waay out and put 3 powerbands in it. The first time I got it into 6th gear (you might want to look at a KDX tranny to see if you can get an extra gear) and that 3rd powerband kicked in...WHOAA! I about sheet myself! Even then, it was only good for 68. I then found a 18 teeth front sprocket from a street bike. It didn't match the shaft thingie coming out of the engine, but we ground it down some and put the bolt on with superglue. I still only was able to go 76 until I found some of the secrets of weight and wind. I took off the fenders, well, the rear was broken off already, and the crossbar pad, the muffler, the brakes, and the air filter. That got me up to 78. At that speed the awning thing on the front of my helmut was bouncing around alot so I took it off and found it was quieter and could slip through the air faster with the helmut turned backwards and me crouched down real low. Got to be careful crouched down like that, tho, becuase when you hit bumps it can hurt certain parts if your a man, but it can feel good too so it all depends on what you like I guess. With the helmut fixed and me crouched down I was able to hit 79. Then I realized how much all of my clothes weigh and I tried it without them and I got up to 80. I then realized that part of that was because my back was more slippery in the air than my clothes, so I shaved my back, well, I didn't, I had to get my neighbor to help me, he's real friendly, so after that we was finally able to hit 82. We then figgered how much weight we could save by taking the gas tank off so we plumbed up a coke bottle with just enough gas to make one run, kinda like the drag racer guys do. Only problem was the Coke bottle leaked and the gas sprayed all over my parts that I didn't shave and some got on the end of the tailpipe where the muffler wasn't anymore and it caught me on fire. Once I heal up good and the next time my mom's not home, we're gonna try it again, but this type my neighbor said he has a beer can that won't leak like the coke bottle did.

I'm sure that with your bigger motor and some of my secrets you should be able to get 85. Post the video to shut up these haterz! :aj:

i will definately do that, i have a gps, but no video camera, gunna have ta buy one, thanks for the support!!!!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
11brianm said:
i will definately do that, i have a gps, but no video camera, gunna have ta buy one, thanks for the support!!!!!

This one post proves you don't have the intelligence to even own a bike, let alone one that is modified in even the slightest way.

Please get a clue.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
_JOE_ said:
The low end is the problem on the 250f. Gear it to go that fast and it will bog when you hit top gear.

Maybe if you ride the clutch and run it on the rev limiter???
I see what you are saying and I suppose if you shift to 5th at 20 mph that would be a problem but if I were trying to get max speed out of it I am guessing I would switch out of 4th around 10-12k (if it would pull 4th gear) and if it bogged out at that point I think it would be due to a lack of high rpm power.

I rarely lug my way to max speed in high gear and I doubt there are many high speed engines tuned to make max power/speed in the lower third of their rpm range.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well I guess this thread just proves any idiot can post anything on the Internet and get at least a few people to believe it's fact.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Patman said:
Well I guess this thread just proves any idiot can post anything on the Internet and get at least a few people to believe it's fact.

Who posted something that was believed?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
11brianm said:
There's tears rolling down my cheeks! :rotfl:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
he could always put the bike in a helicopter...fly it to the top of a mountain....aim it at the steepest drop.....twist the throttle and pop the clutch....and enjoy the ride! I mean c'mon...it's about as smart, and also JUST as pointless as doing 85mph+ on a dirtbike! AAAAANDD I bet you he'll pass 85 really easily! WOOOOHOOOOO! I'll enjoy my first gear, 5mph turns!braaap

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
IndyMX said:
This one post proves you don't have the intelligence to even own a bike, let alone one that is modified in even the slightest way.

Please get a clue.

wtf are u talking about re re? :blah: :bang:

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
why do all u people have to be ****n haters, why u gotta talk ****? u think u know everything? especially u indy, wtf? u ant ****n einstein, someones gunna show ur ass up one day, karma bitch!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Errr.. I'm actually quite sure of it. There will be many more times in my life that I'll stick both feet in my mouth. With out a doubt.

The difference between you and I though? I'll recognize when someone or several people for that matter, who are far more intelligent than I, show me how completely ignorant I am, and I'll learn from it.

You, being a stupid kid, don't know enough to know when someone is completely jerking your chain like our buddy H.L. Gomer was. Moron.

11brianm

Feb 13, 2009
u guys are fricken immature, go cry me a river, i don't care if u believe me when i say my db does 85, cuz i know it does, i don't need ur approval! ever since i started this post, all i got was **** answers(with a few exceptions), all i wanted was help/ advice and u ****n gotta talk **** because ur "so much smarter than everyone"(indy) u know everything, ok mr know it all, go bitch at someone else!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom