Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
He's not scared off, he's just in time out.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
You guys are mean, lol. When I was a kid I always thought dirtbikes where much faster top end than what they really are. Yea blasting down the abandon train tracks wound out surely can feel faster than what you're really doing by a good 20mph.

Anyway, here's a good one, I remember this bike repair shop that when I brought my bike to get a shift shaft replaced there was this CR80 there and the mechanic of the shop said it did 90mph....lol.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Kawi4life said:
You guys are mean, lol. When I was a kid I always thought dirtbikes where much faster top end than what they really are. Yea blasting down the abandon train tracks wound out surely can feel faster than what you're really doing by a good 20mph.

Anyway, here's a good one, I remember this bike repair shop that when I brought my bike to get a shift shaft replaced there was this CR80 there and the mechanic of the shop said it did 90mph....lol.

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely..

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
That is so true. When I was 13 I had an rm125 that I swore did 80mph. I ran the RR tracks to get my buddies house, it was about 5 miles of tracks. The bike would actually stabilize well in 6th gear on those nasty rocks. Sure felt like it was about to break the sound barrier. Then came the day I decided to race my buddies sister in her car. We found out the little Zook only went about 65 mph flat out on a level road. It would run close to the same top speed as the rm250 I rode with.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Cashier guy at an auto parts store once told me he had a modified Banshee that went 150. As I walked out I thought, if BS was brains that guy would be named Einstein.

The ECTA MPS/G two stroke 350 record is 154. :laugh:

The MPS/G four stroke record is 106. :fft:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom