slurpy

Mar 10, 2007
Gents I have just picked up my new 300 and have de restricted it as per the KTM service notes from the dealer. It comes off the bottom ok but still not crisp and starves at about 1/3 throttle. Has anyone else had any trouble with the carby jetting/settings. I will call the shop after the weekend but if anyone can help feel free. Is there a restricter in the pipe anywhere?

Mar 8, 2007
slurpy said:
Gents I have just picked up my new 300 and have de restricted it as per the KTM service notes from the dealer. It comes off the bottom ok but still not crisp and starves at about 1/3 throttle. Has anyone else had any trouble with the carby jetting/settings. I will call the shop after the weekend but if anyone can help feel free. Is there a restricter in the pipe anywhere?

I have a 2006, what did you do to de restrict it?

slurpy

Mar 10, 2007
In the head of the exhaust pipe there was a resticter in there. You can't miss it when you drop the pipe off. It's a round piece of plate with a heap of holes drilled in it, it just lifts out.

Mar 8, 2007
slurpy said:
In the head of the exhaust pipe there was a resticter in there. You can't miss it when you drop the pipe off. It's a round piece of plate with a heap of holes drilled in it, it just lifts out.

Not to sound stupid, but do you mean in the Silencer body?

slurpy

Mar 10, 2007
No the expansion chamber, right where it mounts on the barrel. I also changed the needle and the position, the main jet, removed the cover off the air filter and changed the gearing.
I haven't looked at the silencer but in the parts breakdown there doesn't seem to be anything there.

Mar 8, 2007
Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that, although I have a FMF Gnarly on the way.
I changed my needle to the N3CH, made a huge difference.
I tried a 52 tooth rear, but since I'm in second most of the day in our single track it was to short for me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom