Mx_chick

Nov 13, 2007
i'm goin to start racin mx nxt year so i need a new bike but im confused on what to get. Bein a girl i need somethin that will be easy to handle,maitain, and so on. So What bike do you think is better for a new 2008 four stroke... yz250f or crf250.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If you have decided on a 250F, then either a Honda or Yamaha are both great choices... pick a color and go with it. Also consider what dealers are in your area, and if you might have better support with one brand or the other. :ride:

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
honda bro def. The steering stabilizer is said to make that bike so super amazing at handling and it has a strong powerplant.

Timmay#678

Aug 29, 2007
Has to be a yz250f, only get a crf if you enjoy changing valves after 60hours! Honda imo are overrated.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Timmay#678 said:
Has to be a yz250f, only get a crf if you enjoy changing valves after 60hours! Honda imo are overrated.
Do you have any experience with the Honda valvetrain?

I would also say pick a color. Make sure parts support is good. These are both high maintenance 4 strokes. Unless you dont follow the routine maintenance, the valves should last a couple seasons at least with a novice rider on board.

I have a post on here with some pics of a 60 hour CRF250 engine....http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=158258. The head went to a reputable service tech who pulled the valves and said they were in great shape. Some new springs and labor to put them in was 75 bucks. Keep in mind this bike is ridden fairly hard, but strictly maintained.

I have also hear great things about Yamahas. A buddy has an 05 and it seems a bit stronger on the low end, and tracks straighter out of corners. It does however feel a bit heavier and doesn't seem to cut into the turns as well.

Basically, buy one, take care of it, and have fun. Make sure they give you an owners manual with the bike. Apparently alot of people leave the dealer without one, or manage to lose it before they realized they had it :whoa: . Most of the maintenance procedures are in there, if you want to do that stuff yourself. If you have any questions, this a great place to come. There's a lot of really experienced people on here. Good luck!

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
first off i have a 2007 crf250r with way more than 60 hours and it still runs amazing. Second off i have also a 2007 yzf250. I would say the yamaha feels easier to move in the air but the power plant is nowhere near the honda. Also i rode my friends 2008 crf250r and it definately handles 20x better! Honda last long if u change the oil and get revalves when u are supposed too.

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
my personal prefrence is yamaha, they are tried and true.
Dont let the post about valves concern you too much, they have the issue resolved.
pick a color any color, no bike made today by the big 5 is crap.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom