The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Randy and I did a 4 hour team race last Saturday - did laps on the Euro GP course in eastern WA, each rider does about 2 hours. They said we could set it up however we wanted, one rider doing 2 hours then handing off, or alternating every lap, etc - we decided Randy'd start, do 2 laps (about 7 miles ea lap), hand off to me I'd do 2, then he did 2 , me 2, then only had for sure enuf time for each to do one more, he did his, handed off, I actually had time to do 2, on my last lap the course guys said I had 29 minutes left, was taking me like 21,22 minutes per lap, so figured if I didn't screw up Randy'd get another lap in too...pressure was on! Managed to crash once in the back area, and then again on a loop right in front of the exchange area - time's flying! but got up again (hooray electric start!) got around and Randy got thru the checkpoint with a minute or two to spare. So we each did 6 laps, 41 miles each. Was really fun - now feel really ready for the China Hat ISDE.
I Love my new engine!!!
-Susan
BBR230

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
We were at the Euro GP course just north of the Biggs bridge off Hwy 97, south of Goldendale, WA. They just put in a hydraulic like 30 bike wide starting gate, pretty fancy! And they're having a "playday" Saturday, April 19th...don't know what it costs or how they run it tho. We're thinking of going over for it, is abit less than 2 hour drive for us from Portland. Wide open grassland, no trees, some smaller jumps, BIG deep gravity wells, small whoops section. Go to:
http://www.overthebarsgang.com/events.asp
-Susan
BBR230

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
Hey there!

Congrats on the race. I got Mark talked into the China Hat race, so we will definantly be there. I can't wait!!! Maybe we will catch you there.

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
NO, I haven't sent my stuff in yet. I just got Mark talked into it last week. I really can't take credit for talking him into it though, he talked to Rick and Gresham KTM, and Rick talked him into it. I put everything in the mail today. I think that means we will get a crappy start time, but oh well what can I do now.

Top Bottom