XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Trust me EmBeeFitty, I know my kid. I know what he wants, and quad guys are tools.:p

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
OK Then

OK then...

When you need to know how to change the axle bearings in about 5 years, Ill be more than happy to help. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Don't worry MBFTY, I think I'll be able to handle it.

If you need help, you can give me a call! :p

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'd say, NO

I think quads are generally less safe than a dirt bike because they

A. Usually weigh more
B. Tumble or roll over
C. Can run you over
D. Require you to slide to turn (pozi rear last I checked)

Get the kid a little dirt bike and leave the quad alone.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Sometimes little kids dont have the greatest balance. My dads friend kid(4), cant even ride a peddle bike with training wheels, yet he can ride a quad better than than kids twice his age. There is no way this kid could ride a dirtbike, so thats why they bought him a quad when he was 2 1/2 years old. He still can barely pull the front brake lever. I think it's better to start kids on quads then move them to a dirtbike . Just my 2cents:)

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
quads are for girls, bikes are for men.

250cc 200-250 lb.
125cc 190-195 lb.
100cc 150 lb.
80cc 140 lb.

quads* 380-480 lb.

which would you prefer to have on top of you?

Chugger

Nov 7, 2000
Last year my infant daughter came down with a potentialy fatal blood infection. So I've spent 3 weeks in the Pediatric ICU. In the ICU was my daughter, 1 car accident kid, and 10 other beds full of 8 ATV accidents and 2 golf carts.
Not a single moto injury. These kids didn't have broken limbs, they had crushed spleens and livers. As in Moto, the most serious injuries result from body-machine contact. These things weigh as much as a refrigerator and they will screw you up.
Of course a couple of the injuries were the kids with no helmet, oh well. Their parents should be locked up.

Anyway, I've seen it first hand. So if anybody gives you any four wheeler propaganda, have them stop by the local Pediatric ICU. The kids will be waiting for them.

Last edited:

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by Chugger

So if anybody gives you any four wheeler propaganda, have them stop by the local Pediatric ICU. The kids will be waiting for them.

Sieg Quad! :p
Maybe we should spread some helmet propaganda on those kids parents?

Top Bottom