DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Craig and I rode this evening (Thursday the 6th) and the trails were pretty good, just a little slick in a few areas.

It rained on the 4th and there should still be some traction on Saturday.

Who wants to ride? Butch, Lorin, you guys still alive?

Don, is the bike back together?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I've been working Sunday thru Thursday with Friday and Saturdays off.

As long as your riding. Haven't heard from you for a while. Was beginning to wonder.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Hmmm. Everyone must have other plans. Craig said he can ride in the afternoon so I am going to hold off until then.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm racing tonite at river valley.

one of these weekends i'll get back out to the 500. i'm having hideaway pizza withdrawals.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
mx547 said:
i'm racing tonite at river valley.

one of these weekends i'll get back out to the 500. i'm having hideaway pizza withdrawals.

Just let me know when. One of these days maybe I can hook up with Henry and come ride a practice with you guys.

Now that I have a true woods bike I have an excuse for being slow and not jumping things.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
DWreck said:
One of these days maybe I can hook up with Henry and come ride a practice with you guys.

where is henry? he should be healed up from his jaw surgery thing about now, shouldn't he?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I haven't seen him around for a while.

I assumed he went back to work in Claremore (Heritage Hills Golf Course) for the summer.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Or he starved to death waiting for the jaw to heal.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
how do you like that 300 motor? i loved the motor but i imagine the suspension makes it a definite low flyer on the mx track.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
To me both the Gas Gas and the KTM 300 motor is magical. I a going to play around with the jetting a little, my air screw is two turns out and it is still slightly rich. It definitely has more flywheel effect and doesn't have that crazy midrange pull the KX did but it seems to have plenty of beans.

I haven't had it on a track yet but after first try the suspension is a little on the stiff side for me, especially in the back. I have just accepted that one bike isn't going to be good for everything and after 99% of my time is spent in the woods that what I want it set up for.

Tracks started to lose their appeal after I got the KX revalved. The fear of coming up short or flat landing after an over jump turned me into a moto-wussy.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
amen to that about revalve from moto to woods. the cr has been revalved but it has still all been good on the track. i never was a leaper but it still has let me crash into jump landings, come up short and the like.

Top Bottom