Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
Hi y'all. I am trying to get my '78 Suzuki TS250 back in the dirt. I haven't run it in a couple of years since it tried to kill me. Anyway, the last time it ran it was going straight up the the air over me. It came down hard on the left side. I haven't tried to start it since. I geared it just a bit too aggressively (51-tooth rear), so now I'm taking it back to stock (39-tooth).

My problem is I have no spark. The electrical system on this bike is very simplified. I did away with everything that doesn't make spark. It has the alternator, the three wires (black, bl/wh, r/wh) to the CDI, the coil and the spark plug wire. That's it. No lights, no battery. It ran like this before. I think its plunge to earth broke something, but I'm not sure how to test everything. When I kick the bike I have juice from the alternator on both the red and white and black and white wires. But how do I check the CDI for functionality? The coil? I checked the wires and everything is connected and the connections are clean, but when I hold the spark plug to ground and kick it I get nothing.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Patrick

Last edited:

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
Maybe rust on flywheel,um a bad kill switch or a wire could be grounded wrong check the kill switch.take off the wires from the ks then see if you get spark.

Top Bottom