'92 kdx200 clutch problem - missing washer?

opihiman911

Aug 9, 2003
I just finished rebuilding my clutch using a EBC clutch kit. Put it back together and the clutch won't engage. The engine will start but when I try and put it in first gear it dies.

I tore it apart again and put it all back together, same problem. Tear down third time and compared it to the schematic that I downloaded from buykawasaki.com. It was all put together properly, but I am missing the washer (92022) that goes between the ball bearing (92045) ans clutch pusher (13114).

I'm not sure what happened to that washer. It isn't stuck to another part with oil. I'm not even sure it was there to begin with.

Could this be my problem? Can I just replace it with another washer from NAPA? Or does it have to be the exact measurements of 10.2x14.5x1.0? what exactly are these measurement dia x center hole x thickness?

Also my kit came with 6 clutch springs. I only need 5 springs. What is the sixth one for? extra so you can match and mate them up?

Thanks for you help.

Aloha,
Cory

opihiman911

Aug 9, 2003
BTW, I have rebuilt this clutch one time before, but using a stock clutch. Didn't have a problem with that rebuild. Is there anything special with the EBC kits? I did oil the plates before installing, however I didn't soak it for several hours like I have read some people do. Should I do this?

Aloha,
Cory

Top Bottom