Toothmech

Oct 21, 2004
I know there are a bunch of guys on this forum that are still riding the 97-99 era CR250's, so this goes out to all of you, and for that matter, anyone who rode one in the past and remembers what their suspension settings typically were. I am 6'4" and about 200lbs or a little under. The bike has stock suspension components as far as I know. The front fork seal were rebuilt a few months back, and the rear shock seems solid with no leaks. So what do you guys reccomend for someone my size to make the bike a little better in the fast stuff? (keep the descriptions simple, I am learning) Any ideas, let me know- Thanks

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Mine has Factory Connection suspension which I love, but my settings are not going to help for stock suspension.

However, I use 105mm of rear sag instead of the standard 100mm. Also, the lower shock bearing is likely to wear out much ealier than the other bearings in the linkage, so make sure that is in good shape.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I also run around 105mm sag on my 99.Even though I only weigh 165-170 with gear, I found that my forks work better with stiffer springs. They tended to ride a little down in the stroke, which helped to create harshness over small chop. For that matter, the rear may be a little soft for your weight, as my stock spring is just about right for me. Also, to cut down on some of the vibration, I filled my aftermarket bars with ordinary hardware-store silicone. It made a noticeable difference and cost about two bucks. Just play with the adjusters and see what works best for you. A couple of clicks here and there make a big difference in how the early frames handle.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom