a sad, but true horror story (no really!!)

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
I wonder if they will ever learn...
yes, i know popping a wheelie is irrestible, but.. this?
"the 'extreme ' sport bike groups here in Fl get together every so often and compare tricks, so the head of the local group here went to Tampa this weekend to show his new trick. He sat backwards on the bike and pulled a wheelie, got going down the road about 45 mph and must have felt the bike coming over back on him. So he let go of the handlebars and dropped off the bike. so now hes going through the air , backwards, his knees must have been straight-locked- when he hit the ground in a standing position, backwards. That bounced him back up about 15 feet into the air and he continued flying through the air, now in a sitting position, backwards. He landed on his butt in a sitting position, backwards. The impact shoved his hips up into the upper part of his chest so hard that his torso was about 50% compressed, that sheared his spinal column from all the ribs and shoved it like a spear into his skull whereupon his head exploded inside his helmet. Naturally he was killed instantly. The next night , his riding buddies were all bummed out so they went to Sea Ray drive that night, a long straight off the highway road and were doing more stunts, so one guy is running up and down the road doing wheelies and another guy is spinning donuts in the road, same road, same area, so the donut spinner decides to straighten out and take off like a bat out of hell and when he does he runs smack into the guy doing wheelies, head on. They lived but both went to hospital with broken legs and stuff and both bikes are shot."

"Think before you try"--

:mad:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
???? :mad: :(

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Complete and utter BS. Great imagination, save it for stories around the campfire.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
okie...by B.S do you mean.....brain 'splosion? ha! well, that sad, but obviously true story points out the number 1 rule. don't buy your children graphic video games or let them watch the wwf. ...."so my chute opens, he came screaming thru the top of mine,unconcsious, my suspension lines had activated his reserve,which actuated my quick releases,i was falling but i knew i didn't have time to open my reserve,so i layed out flat,to hit on my ruck and reserve,when i hit,face first,my ruck and reserve compacted,then unloaded bouncing me 50 feet back up,where i met him,still unconscious,and grabbed his suspension lines. we landed together, he just came to,missing the whole thing.incredibly i only sufferd 2 cracked ribs.:confused:

realslik

Dec 18, 2001
that kinda happened with me and my friends on waverunners this summer. i was doin donuts and for some reason he was stupid enough to come flyin pretty close to me so when i came outa the donuts he was right there. i let off the gas right when i saw him and i hit the back of his waverunner. we were both on his gp1200's. i didn't feel the impact cause i was slowin down so much but he knocked the back end out a little on his. the waverunner i was ridin suffered the front bumper being ripped off and puttin a hole in the body which later had to be fixed because water was gettin in the engine messin it up. the one my friend was ridin just had a little scratch on the back. he was stupid as crap for ridin so close to me cause he had the whole canal to go around me safely. he's learned to be a lot more safe now but later that same day i was on the back with my friend who hit me and we had 2 other friends who came by boat and they parked and took the other wave runner. my friend was drivin and i was on the back and we were following behind my other 2 friends. i have no clue why my friend i was with was directly behind them. but they turned around and we were about to have a head on collision that probably woulda broken all of our backs or caused serious injury. we were goin right into each other when we both turned different ways literally missin by like 3in. it was so close i thought we hit. i can't imagine what woulda happend if we both turned the same way. but the bottom of both waverunners came so close i think the only thing keepin us from hittin was the pressure of the water between both waverunners. we could try to do that a 1000 times again and would probably never be able to do it like that again. but some really hot girls were watchin us and thought we did it on purpose and they were like clappin and stuff. i was about to passout it scared the crap outa me so bad. sorry this was so long. lata

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
stupid is a relative term. once i was heading to the track. we were doing 80 mph. a couple of sport bikes caught us, saw the bike trailer and started doing wheelies for us. they would pull it up at 80 then pull away and drop the front end after they pulled about a quarter mile ahead. they would slow down and do it over and over. they must have been doing 120 when they let the front down. many people would call it stupid. i thought it was cool.

some people think i'm stupid for racing mx.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
On a positive note..............

Early this year I got the itch to buy a new dirt bike. I had been away from the sport for about 10 yrs. My wife said no. I told her I would buy our son a small bike and teach him to ride. She said "Hell No".

A month or so later we were driving down the highway and a couple of these sport bike morons came by on a wheelie at over 90mph. I looked at my wife and said "Do you want our son to learn from me or wait till he gets 16 and learn from one of those guys?" We got a 01 KX 250 and 01 PW 80 less than 2 months later.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
To quote Forrest Gump:

"Momma says stupid is as stupid does", or something like that. Of course non-riders might think all motorcycles are donor-cycles (as my girfriends's mom, a nurse, calls them ). I say let the laws of natural selection "keep rolling".

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
After getting Okie's point of view and re reading the post....... I am starting to wonder. Mayby the guy did die, but

"The impact shoved his hips up into the upper part of his chest so hard that his torso was about 50% compressed, that sheared his spinal column from all the ribs and shoved it like a spear into his skull whereupon his head exploded inside his helmet. "

:think :think :think

How about, he hit his head on the pavement, and died?

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
geeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!

:think ......as time goes by this thread starter sure has alot of stories that sounds hokie to me.....just like what okie said.....

.:think .

dramatics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whoa...

:silly: lets see .what next?????

later whyz

Last edited:

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
hmm, sorry if that was too detailed.
though, it wasn't in my words. It was said by a fellow bike rider.
Sorry, i didn't realize how detailed it was. I should've thought before posting, or not have put it so.

But you'd think that they would THINK before they thought of DOING something like that.
You'd think they REALIZE what happened to their friend before DOING something like that.
And you'd think, that they would know the dangers, or in this case fatal consequences of pulling stunts like that.

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
whyz - i am not one to lie. nor joke around. 90% of the people who know me consider me to have a much serious personality, too serious, that they think i don't have the ability to have fun. One to not have fun, in other words.

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
sorry from me

:think i know i should've just shut up......

well next time i wont be so serious too....
take care and good luck......

im sure you are a very nice person.

later >
whyz...

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
hn. its ok. i should know by now what not to post and what to post.
and i should have at least looked this story over beforehand, and changed things around.
i must admit, it does sound like BS, but it was right by a boat company, and my fellow rider that i mentioned works at that boat company, and i'm only guessing security told him and the employees, as security is there like 24/7, or word about it got out somehow. I know the news people don't know, as they never report any accident on the news that involves M.I., because M.I. is "an unincorporated city".:mad:

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
"The next night , his riding buddies were all bummed out so they went to Sea Ray drive that night, a long straight off the highway road and were doing more stunts, so one guy is running up and down the road doing wheelies and another guy is spinning donuts in the road, same road, same area, so the donut spinner decides to straighten out and take off like a bat out of hell and when he does he runs smack into the guy doing wheelies, head on. They lived but both went to hospital with broken legs and stuff and both bikes are shot."

:think :silly: .Quote - "Teenage campfire folklore BS" =Unquote

To me, it seems a little bit on the impossible side to live through a head-on that involves bikes.

I guess i do agree with you Okie on that part, it does sound a little out of wack. :think

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Lesson well learned I hope.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
eh? sheared off all his ribs, turning his spinal cord into a spear which pierced his brain, causing his head to explode inside his helmet? i dunno about that part of the story, i'd need to see the autopsy report on that, altho i don't doubt that a wheelie can kill you--knew a guy this happened to on a dirt bike (facing frontwards). it's a shame when people take motorcycles for granted, isn't it?

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
I don't think any of it happened at all.....maybe the two guys that had a head-on collision. But the guy doing the backwards wheelie? C'mon....has anybody actually stopped to think.....you know how hard it would be for all your ribs to actually break away from your back? This is goofy stuff that 3rd graders talk about. Your own legs acting as spring boards to propell you 15ft in the air?

Yeah and I clear 200' gaps on my 650.......:uh:

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Your own legs acting as spring boards to propell you 15ft in the air?

Not that any of this crap is true but hey .. spring board legs are not so hard to believe.. I stiff legged a stump one day going around a corner and was polevaulted off the bike.. not quite 15 feet but man I flew.. messed up my knee pretty bad.. only happened once though now my feet stay on the pegs... right to the ground

JeffK

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
it may be true, as they got the videotape of it now :scream: :scream:
i'm not lookin' at it, however, they can keep it for all i care.
i think what they meant was that when he hit the ground his legs were straight and stiff the first time, and something else must've happened to cause the rest. but if you were doing a wheelie at a 120mph, estimated ++, sitting the other way (why, they'd do that, i'll never know), and something went haywire, wouldn't the consequences not only be fatal, but the occurences be kind of like the story? just think for a second, what would happen?

Top Bottom