Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No doubt the Tech 8's are great, but IMHO, the bootie is a hassle (don't really see a benefit either?) and the boots are LARGE (outside deminsions). Way to thick at the ankles for my liking. Yes, I've worn both for more than a season. Drop the bucks for new Tech 8's in my hand, I'd still buy the 6's.

hlinar

Oct 21, 2002
Thanks, everyone, i actually found a store in arkansas that had actual boots on the floor so i could play touchy feely. thhe tech 6's are definitely a nice boot for the buck but the gaitor only goes about half way up the boot. any boots out there that have a full gaitor liike the old hi points?.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Well, I did the zombie stomp around the house this weekend in my Tech 6's, and must say, I cand tell the difference in the ankle support over my Forma's, even when they were new. Mucho better!! For now, I can't find anything I don't like. I'm dying to get out and break them in. :cool:

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
After 4 yrs. in Tech 3's Santa said I could go and buy some new boots.
Tried on the Tech 8's, like Okie said, thought the bootie was a hassle, and they seemed very bulky.
Then tried on the 6's, very comfy, without the bootie hassle, and with a lot of support. They came home with me.
Two weeks later went for my first ride ( ~3Hrs. ) and had a bit of trouble.
Couldn't tell where my feet were, had trouble getting under the gear lever and I had been dragging the rear brake, heating it up and fading a bit, which took a while to figure out because I had to stomp on it to know for certain that the brake was on.
Went out Sunday for a 6hr ride, still felt stiff when I put them on, but a lot better.
At the end of the ride, talking to the others and walkin around, (beer O'clock) I realised that the boots now felt great, they'd given me no trouble during the ride, only feeling slightly vague early on, and they now flex and feel great.
Despite some early reservations, I am now very happy with my Tech 6's.

Top Bottom