iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
I finally purchased a bike. I decided to pony up and get a full size bike...no CRF150R, or 230F... I've been spending so much time trying to find a bike that really fit comfortably and would allow track and trail riding. There are a lot smaller people than me on them so I figured I needed to stop being a p*ssy and just ride the thing!

Sooooooo...here she is...

Say hello to my little friend...2004 125sx, lightly used buy a kid who was scared of it.

I'll being dong a few minor things like rad braces, possibly a flywheel weight, and I'm just going to learn to ride the thing. I'd still like to try my hand at a harescramble. Hopefully next year my b/f and I will be getting out on the trails a lot more...possibly see some of you around.

Oh...and if anyone is looking for a KX100 let me know :)

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Have fun! I still miss my 125SX - they are a total blast to ride (anywhere - woods/track/you name it) - you certainly should not need a flywheel weight - it would ruin an otherwise terrific powerband in my opinion - of course with my weight, I probably slowed the bike down a bit naturally.

you'll love it! feels like riding a mountain bike only much easier on your legs (laugh)

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Just finished unloading the bikes...got in some good seat time on the Screaming Punkin...

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Still have a lot of adjustments to make with my riding but WOW...what a little power does for one's riding! I seriously have ZERO complaints...ok wait...one...the CDI box does seem to get in the way turning to the left if tight turns...but leaning the bike more helps that...lets call it a learning tool

bross

Jan 8, 2006
I have an '03 125sx. I weight in at about 155 and it's a tad slow for the really soft sand I ride in. It's a really nice trail bike though. For the sand I just bought an 01 CR250 but my little 125sx is still a really nice bike.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Bross,
If You Need Some Help Setting Up Your Cr250 Let Me Know, That Is My Current Ride, And As All Of The Drn/lmc Guys Know I Bleed Red/ride Red. Good Choice, Motor Rips,good Handling, Etc.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
You can get a CDI relocator kit from Enduro Engineering.... places the CDI under the tank, out of harms way, and you can increase the turning radius.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Yea, I did see that too Smit...Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing (ALWAYS POSSIBLE) Their description says "Now you can move your ignition box under the tank for better protection and a tighter turning radius. Will not fit 125SX, 250SX & 200SX or 4 stroke models. DCI Relocator for All 2000- 2003 KTM 2 Stroke (Except 125, 200, 250sx)" Oh well, I'll look into it. I know a lot of crafty people so I dont think its impossible to do without their $10 kit.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
D.LEATHERS said:
Hey Bross,
If You Need Some Help Setting Up Your Cr250 Let Me Know, That Is My Current Ride, And As All Of The Drn/lmc Guys Know I Bleed Red/ride Red. Good Choice, Motor Rips,good Handling, Etc.

Sorry for bumbing into your thread like this but I"m not able to PM.
I see you are the cr250 expert. I also have a 01 cr250. Very little seat time. Still on original tires ,chain,sprockets , the whole shibang other than a gnarley pipe,q exhaust. an oversize tank for the woods and a needle change its all stock. I tried to sell it earlier this year and had very little interest. In fact the only ride its been on this year is ROS.Anyways I"ve decided to just hang on to it and use it to trail ride and keep the miles down on the 450exc. I"d like to make it more trail friendly with a sprocket change and a flywheel weight. Iwas wondering what gearing you use for MI woods and can you recommend what flywheel weight to use if you have used one before. Thanks,Rick
Oh yeh ,I run the s7 nozzle in the carb.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
jackdrinker said:
Crafty like her soon-to-be hubby??? The smartest man in the world?????? :nener:

Mmmm hrrmmmm *looks at hands* riiight :debil:

Top Bottom