Aftermarket / Taller foot pegs - for YZ

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay I'm looking at new pegs and I can't seem to find anything that is taller then stock position after market for my '06 yz 125. Like to find something that was 10 mm's taller from my short legs. I was thinking about the power pegz the concept that they rotate sounds like it would work maybe.

I don't really have a problem with the stock height i'm used to it been ridding it that way for a very long time. I'm trying to setup my bike so I can get more leverage from the pegs and raise myself up off from the seat alittle more.

Right now the power pegz are looking good anyone tried those? Any suggestions on how I could do this? modifying the stock titanium pegs would be to much of a pain. But the YZ's have bolt on mount like a honda. but no one seem to make different mounts though.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I have tall pegs on my CRF250, and have a buddy who runs them on his CRF450 too. I thought they were IMS, but I can't find them online right now. I'll have to check this weekend... but they are a good 10-20mm taller, use the stock pins, still pivot, and were easy to install. I moved up my shifter and brake pedal at install, and the transition to the taller pegs was pretty smooth. Braking was a little different the first time out, but I adjusted fast and I really like em. I'll have to check on the brand. I think they are slightly wider than stock pegs too.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well if they make some let me know I can't find anything cheap yet so far this super moto place has mounts for sale that are 10 mm higher made from billet steel but are $150!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well I asked Red, and he said my tall pegs are IMS. So maybe they are a newer product that they don't yet have listed on their site, or fully marketed. Maybe call them and ask? I'll double check when we go riding on Sunday for sure, and try to see how much taller they are compared to stock. But they didn't require any extra hardware, just went right on using the stock pins.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
works connection makes peg wideners that you can weld to the stock peg- you could always weld themin a higher position.

but many of the new bikes have stock pegs made from Ti so that wouldnt work.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well I kept tossing around the idea what to do I even found a nice cheap set of steel pegs off that auction site.

But instead...

I ordered the power pegz today :cool:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I meant to get a picture yesterday, but my pegs are IMS, and I didn't measure but they are a good 1-1.5" taller than stock, much more than the 10mm you were looking to get. I'm real happy with em and so is my other short buddy, Swamp Rat from Dirtweek. I'll be interested to hear wehat you think of the power pegz too.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Yea I should hopefully have them soon I might not be able to test'em right away at the moment here in WA having this freakish monsoon right now so everything is wet wet wet. there is no AX practice till the 30th. I might have to go do a race just to test'em out blah!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Okay I got the pegs and have taken them out for a good ride I went out to this local track in eastern wa. Now the track I rode is ORV park run by the local county it's always rough due to under grooming but hey it's free. Conditons are Sandy n rough all kinds of braking / acceration bumps whoops nearly all the jump faces had kickers at the take offs. I have ridden this track before and it's punishment when it's in this condition.

It was the only place that hasn't been raining here in WA lately that was ridable at a decent speed not in the mud.

At first felt kinda wierd cause I was all playing with them ridding out to the track. Well the first jump is easy step up no problem I must of now had my foot on the peg all the way or something I jammed down on my ankle alittle hard. I did it once more a couple laps later but it wasn't as bad and then not for the rest of the day.

The more I stopped thinking about them the better it got now don't say they wasnt working. They was working they helped absorbed the braking bumps acceleration bumps n help take some of the edge out of whoops. This is more so in a standing position than sitting you still gonna feel stuff threw the seat.

I was able to hit stuff on this track harder than I have before it was neat how it made the bike feel plusher.
They sold me on this one fast section it get progressively choopier towards this turn. The last two bumps are whooped size I have ridden this track alot this section almost always kicks up the rear end. It's a violent kick, kicked my feet off the pegs a couple of times. This same bump with the power pegz was easier to hit now. The fact that the pegs rotated the bike under me and not so much me and the bike at once. It absorbed some of the hit so I was able to start hitting it faster n harder plus it drowned out some of the shock load back to my feet. So far it was alot of fun ridding with them I'm still trying them out but I like them. So far they have been working like claimed they are well built. Still gonna take a few more rides before I give my 100% approval but thier about a good 3/4 of the way there now. I don't know if these are for everyone it does have a change on ergo's just in a place most of us are not used to.

Top Bottom