Houdini3

Oct 11, 2006
I have an 84 KDX200 that ran like a champ until I "fixed" it. It used to always start on the 2nd or 3rd kick, but it always leaked fuel when shut off. So I replaced the float valve which fixed the leak. Now if cold it can take more than 40 kicks to get it going and I usually have to swap out the plug, when it starts it runs great and restarts with no problem. Any idea what it might be, could it be as simple as a bent float arm. I finally got the wife to play in the dirt with her own bike, and now here I sit sidelined :ugg:

Houdini3

Oct 11, 2006
I just left them alone when I replaced the valve, but I did accidentally bend the float arm a little, but got it back to what I thought was true shape, but I could be mistaken. I have the two seperate floats, not the one piece float.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Your choke circuit may not be working or clogged up. Before when the float valve was leaking it was staying loaded up and had plenty of fuel to start but since you've fixed the float valve it needs the choke circuit to get the extra fuel to start. (just a thought)

Top Bottom