sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Looking to get new boots this winter. Anybody have any knowledge of the key differences/purpose in the Alpinestars boot models (T8,T6,M6)? I mainly trail ride and some hair scrambles. I am not price sensitive - looking for the best book for the task.

cr125type

Sep 4, 2001
man i have the tech 8's and they have never steared me wrong. i think they are the best boots for any type of riding that you do, but who knows i may be wrong:D

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I'm not made of money, so I decided to go with the M4's. They are holding up great so far (4 months), and the buckles work well. I'd strongly suggest these for someone who is looking for a great pair of boots at a lower cost.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
The Tech 8s are great boots. They use an inner booty and are very comfortable and protective. They are a little bulky though, if I had to be critical. The Tech 6s do not have the inner booty. I have not worn them myself but have heard they are less bulky and lighter weight (which makes sense). Bottom line, for max protection, go Tech 8, for lighter and perhaps, slightly better "feel", go 6s or others. Don't know much about the M series, other than what I have read here, sorry.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm with yzeater on the M4's
You can pay twice what they cost and not have twice the boot.
I think I paid like $169 for mine. No problems at all. Soles hold up better than on other Alpinestars I've read about. Work well with braces too.
I do know that folks who own Tech 8's are completely satisfied with them, they are just too pricey for me.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I've been real happy with my M-4's, had them almost 2 years and the souls are starting to get torn up from the pegs (which is understandable) but the buckles and rest of the boots are still in good shape except for a rip from my foot peg. I caught the inside of my right boot on the foot peg while kick starting about 2 days after I got them, it seems to let the water in.

I think I will give the T-6's a shot next time but I'm not interested in the T-8's because I don't want to deal with the booty.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Don't know if this is true, so don't hang me if it's wrong.

My dealer told me the M6 is the same as the old Tech 5 except for the top buckle.

I love my Tech 5's and almost bought an extra pair when I heard they were going away. I was told there was such an uproar that Alpinestars brought them back as the M6.

I picked up a pair of M6's in October (Good sale going on) Have not ridden or even broken them in as my Tech 5's are still VERY usable after two seasons.

Good boot for the $ IMO

Rod

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I recently got Alpinestars to swap a pair of used Vectors (looking for a comfortable boot, but didn't like them because of the thicker sole) for M6s, which they told me were a new rendition of the old Tech 5. They have less plastic and are designed to be more comfortable. I'm very happy with the boots and the company's customer service for taking in used boots. BTW, the M6s can be ordered with an enduro sole, which is great for trailriding.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Thanks everybody for the feedback.

M6 vs T6 any differences worthy of note??

Enduro sole - what is the difference (better walking traction?) - Anybody have any experience with this sole?

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I got the M-6 with the enduro sole and like it. It's treaded like a hiking boot and offers better traction when I walk around in the woods and on rocks (and when I'm picking my bike up after a bif).

Too-Stroked

Mod Ban
May 27, 2006
ive got the tech 4's(i think,maybe they are m-4's)i got 'em from bobs for $161,the buckles are chincy,a friend has the oneil's and they have better buckles.the boot itself is ok and the buckles are replaceable but i think they did it on purpose to get me to buy more expensive boots.
:bang:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I had M4's and they were alright. Then I bought a pair of lightly used Tech 8's from MXGirl230 for $50. :laugh:

There is no comparison. . . The Tech 8s are more than twice the boot as far as I'm concerned - and I didn't even get them new.

The M4's felt like my leg was protected from things hitting it.

The Tech 8s have that, AND they feel like my ankle is encased in steel. The M4's felt "floppy" compared to the Tech 8s.

However, the Gaerne's have gotten really good reviews on here.

cr125freak

Jul 11, 2005
I traded my brother in law a camera for a used set of tec 6's and they still feel great and he baught them when they first came out, i highly recommend them

Top Bottom