BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Anybody know th welevation of Cooperland? I wanna go ahead and get some brass so maybe i can get my fincky bike in the ballpark before leavinig the high and dry for OK. Thanks, I am already getting excited and its 5 mos away! :(

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The FAA website has the elevation for the Stillwater listed as 986 feet.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Beef - What fuel are you currently running? You might be able to just make a fuel change and cover the elevation change.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I had to change the clip position on Tiggers KX60 last year but that was it. My bike ran great as long as I kept on the gas ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If you went to straight race gas with a lower temp distillation curve (VP-C12, Phillips B32 etc) it should probably cover it unless you are already on the lean side.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I am runing on the lean side of the spectrum i think, but using that fuel should let me use the brass I have and still compensate, thanks Rich. So the fuels you mention basically richen the misture by manipulating the combustion temp? I don't understand a lot about race fuel, but I can feel that it runs better when I use it (No knocking and I can jet it to run clean on the bottom without it rattling on top) Is the racegas I have been using (i dont't remember what else it says on it besides Union 76, I imagine they make a couple) less efficient thatn the ones you mentioned. If so could I get the same results I am getting now with a 3 to one pump gas to race fuel mixture instead of 50/50 if I swithched to the VP?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Basically the fuels I mentioned will evaporate more readily and the same jet size will provide more useable fuel once it makes it's way to the combustion temperature. If you are one the lean side now you should probably pack a step richer set of jets to play safe.

Originally posted by BEEF706
could I get the same results I am getting now with a 3 to one pump gas to race fuel mixture instead of 50/50 if I swithched to the VP?

That depends on the results you are looking for. If all you are trying to do is stop octane related knock then maybe 3:1 would work.

If you are looking for improved throttle response, jetting consistency, and the ability to run lean enough to get maximum power then increasing the percentage of pump fuel will only make it harder to achieve those goals.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
There goes Rich again...jetting with his box of test tubes. I show up with a cooler full of gatoraide and beer...Rich shows up with chemicals packed in dry ice. :scream:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
and some things never change Gomer...

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Rich, thanks for the info I think I am gonna go to full race gas and see if it makes the bike less finicky and more responsive. I had started with the race fuel just to eliminate knock, it'll be fun to see if I can feel a difference. I like to tinker with it to get it running it's best, of course with my ability that's a little like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic! :o

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I like to tinker with it to get it running it's best, of course with my ability that's a little like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic! :o

The more you do it the better you'll get . :thumb:

B

biglou

I like to tinker with it to get it running it's best, of course with my ability that's a little like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic! :o
LMAO! Oh man, that is classic! I'm making the switch to Phillips B35 this weekend if it dries out enough to do some testing. But, like you, my ability sure doesn't warrant the change. I just think this deck chair would look a little better if it were closer to the deck rail... :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

The more you do it the better you'll get . :thumb:

I really need to pay more attention. If I can keep my foot in one piece in '03, I may find out that my scoot needs the jets tweeked.

Tony

How about a class on jetting and fuel??????

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
How about a class on jetting and fuel??????
I second that and nominate Rich (jetmaster) Rohrich to conduct the seminar.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We can do that ;)

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
We can do that ;)

Promises promises... :p :p

Rich shows up with chemicals packed in dry ice, again... Promises, promises :whiner:

I'd like to give the world a Coke :flame:

Top Bottom