Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
My sons rubber bar mount bushings are continuously getting out of whack :| , so I have ordered him some aluminum cones. Does anyone else have these and how is the vibration? and any problems with them comming loose? I have seen the Fredette one piece clamp, but it is still rubber mounted. Maybe the Fredette with the aluminum mounts? Any thoughts, or advise is appreciated.
Thanks
Lew

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Use the one piece top mount. Keep the rubber (urethane, whatever) bushings.

The one piece top clamp will distribute the force of a crash more evenly to both mount studs, so the tweaking of the assy will be less.

I used to tweak mine all the time. A one piece clamp fixed it.

I haven't used aluminum cones, but there isn't any logical reason to think the vibration would NOT be considerably more. Why mess with it? Arm pump is enough of a problem as it is! ;)

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
The combination of the solid top clamp and cones should solve the problem.

I dont think that you will get a lot more vibration. There are plenty of bikes out there with a one piece top clamp that includes the bar mounts and you dont hear complaints about them. IN fact a the older KDXs from the early 80s were like that. No vibration problems in a friends 83 200. Not anymore than mine with rubber mounts (soon to be protaper setup with solid cones)

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
iv got the aluminum bar cones and dont have any vibration problems and one piece clamp remember this is a dirt bike not a car its gonna have virbration........................

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Lew, I have the FRP one-piece, along with the original bars if you can believe it. In a recent HS, I crashed everywhere, even invented new ways to crash, and the bars did not move in the clamps. The evidence seems to suggest it works. YMMV

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Thanks for the replies I have the aluminum cones on order and will try them out. I have also been looking at the Fredette one piece top clamp.

canyncarvr - Do you have the Fredette top clamp?

Thanks again
Lew

Top Bottom