AMA legal fuel

ochster

Lifetime Sponsor
Have any of you 125 tuners being playing with a MR2 alternative?

Getting ready to start testing motor combo's, and was wondering if it's time to try some different fuel brands. I have not seen VP, marketing a direct alternative to this situation.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Ochster - Is there something about MR2 that you aren't happy with? Are you going to be fuel tested at the races you'll be running?

ochster

Lifetime Sponsor
I love the stuff! but with the new AMA no lead regulations, I will have to find another blend. My local VP rep has not been any help, in a supposed alternative. I will be testing our supercross set-ups next week, and will need a new fuel.

Neutec is aslo available locally, but I have zero experience with it.

MikeS

Lifetime Sponsor
Neutec as I hear is great but have not tested myself :(

Phillips P45 would be great but I doubt it is out your way.

I did make a call to VP and the bonehead I talked to was no help. One of the head techies will call me back later..I hope.

MS103 is a possible for a 125. I have test data from VP that says it did better than C12 at power output. The curve is a bit flat though. I have run it and find it OK and the O2 is 2.55% legal...????

If I get any info I will post back.. goodluck

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Ochster - Has the AMA stated what type of testing (if any) they will be doing at the Pro races this coming season?

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
i have heard that the Nutec fuels are very inconsistant, this makes sense (to me) since if theyare using stuff like isoprene it will be hard to keep it stable and ie they get the inconsistancy.

i would be interested what the AMA rulebook says on these fuels first....before Rich tries to find a way around it. I think the important thing is thatyou cant meddle with the fuels and you have to use them straight from the can (from what i have read.)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Originally posted by bclapham
I think the important thing is thatyou cant meddle with the fuels and you have to use them straight from the can (from what i have read.)
No problem, I'll put mix it in the can at home before I load up for the races. :p

steve125

Lifetime Sponsor
Rich remember my thread on the hot start piston sticking in the carby on the 04kxf250? My first though was it might be something in the Ultimate 4 that was causing the corrosion.

It seems Kaw is on top of this and have been having the same problem on a number of bikes. The rubber boot that supposed to seal out water and debris is at fault, not the U4. Thats good to hear! :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Thanks for the update Steve. I'm sure a lot of the U4 faithful will be relieved to hear that. ;)

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
what about my thank you???? :flame:

the only other thing i can think was that the choke usually has a rubber boot on, maybe it wasnt seated properly from the factory and when you washed the bike maybe a tad of water got in there????
:thumb:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
what about my thank you???? :flame:

Thanks for the tentative explanation of the observed phenomenon that ultimately proved correct upon further investigation.
Score one more correct hypotheis for Bruce. :yeehaw:
Take an atta boy out of petty cash. :thumb: :laugh: