Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I had the impression that Bubba might be back for the STL SX, but I haven't heard even a peep. So I'm guessing he won't be in STL. Has anyone heard anything?

Micah

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
There was an update on foxracing.com on 2/28:
Bubba Rides!

- February 28, 2005

Today in southern California was one of those of riding days that you talk about for years to come. The last few weeks So. Cal has been getting hammered by storm after storm. Well the weather has finally broke and its time for some epic riding in the hills of Southern California. With most of the motocross industry already in Atlanta for round 8 of the AMA Supercross series Bubba and some of his buddies took the opportunity to ride on arguable the best dirt in years. With perfect weather Bubba is using this time to start preparing for his comeback to Supercross. Still no set date for which race he will return to but watching him today I'll tell you it won’t be long before we see 259 at a Supercross.

I think that Orlando or Daytona will be his re-debut.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
For the past few weeks - Orlando has been rumored to be his return race.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I heard he switched to decaf and is watching his cholesterol intake

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yes. Dallas :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I hear he is going to come back and win every race.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
No NO NO he doesnt need to win any races as hes already the fastest mxer on the planet-its just these stupid championships keep getting in the way-far better if everyone just realised hes the best so he doesnt have to prove it???

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Anybody catch his MXA interview. "Bubba Scrub" He's got a "remix" version that nobody should be able to do and haven't seen yet either. I can't wait. Last I heard was 3/19 Orlando.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Damn the stickage

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
A little more info to fuel the fire. This was posted on racerxill.com today:

And speaking of Ping, here’s a note from SoCal: “When I spoke to Ivan Tedesco the other day, he was at the Kawasaki test track with his Pro Circuit teammate Grant Langston. Ivan told me that Bubba was also doing some testing and looked like he hasn't missed a beat.”

"Dude, that guy is hauling out here,” said Tedesco, who leads the 125 West Region. “It looks like he never even missed a day of riding. He is unbelievable. Seriously, he is so much faster than anyone out here, it's stupid…." Let the countdown to Orlando begin

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Did anyone catch the Bubba interview on Speed last night? It was very interesting. They probed him on his feelings about RC, CR, etc... and it was all pretty much how you would expect him to answer. He did mention a movie about his "life story" coming out (Tom Cruise is helping), and he had aspirations to be a Nascar driver? WTF?

Can't wait for Orlando.

Micah

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I guess it's official now. From racerxill.com:

March 10, 2005

STEWART PLANS TO RETURN AT ORLANDO
Team Kawasaki phenom plans to return after being sidelined for eight weeks
- press release -

Irvine, Calif. (March 10, 2005) – Team Kawasaki’s James Stewart plans to return to the THQ AMA Supercross series racing in the 250 class on March 19th at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla. Stewart has been sidelined with a fractured left forearm since mid-January.

"I was really pumped to race for the championship this year, and my Kawasaki was running awesome. It was huge let down for me and my team when I got hurt." said Stewart. "But I’ve been working hard, and between training and therapy, my arm is now 100 percent. I’m ready to get back in the mix."

The 19 year-old from Haines City, Florida has shattered the record books during his incredible 125 class motocross career, and looks forward to challenging the world’s best riders in the 250 class for the remainder of the 2005 Supercross and Motocross season. Stewart is the first African American to ever win a major motorsports championship in any racing discipline. He has won four AMA 125 championships (125 East Supercross, 125 West Supercross, and a pair of 125 AMA Motocross Championships), all on Kawasaki motorcycles.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom