gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by eldrm
i alsp got the craftsman stand and was thinking about returning it because of the inability to lift the front wheel.maybe i will keep it if by strapping it down it will hold, i just figured for the price ir wasn't much different than the cheapy lift i already had

I've got an '03 KDX200, stock forks and pipe (for now), and by balancing on the pipe and midway down the frame, I can get the front forks to fully extend to where the front wheel is just off the ground and rotates freely and the rear is off of the ground about 2-3 inches. Crank down on the tie-downs and the bike stays put. If your forks are longer, a thought would be to cut a 4x4 into 3 or 4 pieces and carriage bolt them together to make a platform/spacer.

I like the stand because it holds solidly and I can wheel the bike around the garage. I had both my front end off to do Race Tech springs/Goldvalves and pulled off the rear swingarm and linkage to grease everything since I already had the shock off for a new Race Tech spring. The bike was a sight missing both ends.

Give it another try... ;)

-Greg

s.d.duner

Oct 28, 2003
thor t-30 boots and no-fear chest protector. And nearly enough money for an FMF FATTY!!! Im stoked about the pipe. Also a pioneer cd player for my van

eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
thanks greg, i was thinking of tryin it out again,i have to take off the front to do steering stem bearings thats why i was concerned about liftin the whole thing safely-ed

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
I have you all beat, Santa brought me a remote controlled Ricky Carmicheal. You think at 35 I would be more practical, but I like being the biggest kid in the sandbox. Freestyle is cake with a remote control. Pulled back and front flips, X Games here I come. Anyone know where I can get new plastic for a twelve inch long Honda? Still in the learning curve yet and hitting stationary objects at high speeds.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Hrmm, I finally got actuall riding clothes... a pair of moose pants and jersey... no more wearing jeans for me.... And a Camelback.... I also got the PC pipe, ans S/A I won off ebay.... so it was kinda xmas to myself

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
I got a gps watch for running and biking. tells me distance, speed, and heart rate too.
Also got a pair of supercross tickets for the wife and I.

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
It was a great KDX X-mas for me. I was given

1. Black Front Fender
2. Green radiator shrouds (goes with the graphics that been sitting in closet)
3. Frame Guards
4. Front Disc Cover
5. Fox Airframe Chest Protector
6. New AXO Riding gloves

I just ordered all new FMF exhaust (Gnarly) with spark arrester and new Aceribis Handguards and Machined cones to replace the stock rubber ones. Also ordered the Black Rear fender too. I'll post pictures once I'm done with the bike completely. I already bolted on what I got for x-mas. Just waiting on the big box of goodies from Dennis Kirk. This should complete the resurection of my bike. Altogether I probably dropped close to $750.00 on her but she will be so different looking. Like I said I'll post pictures when the bike is all done.

Top Bottom