anyone have the "MMI experience"?????

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i brought this in here, since i didnt want to create a stink! :uh:

i also post on a local forum and try and help people out with their biking stuff the best i can- not trying to be a know it all, just help given my own experiences. There is one small prob though, it seems we have this member that almost tries to discredit what i have to say and that of a lot of other people. thing is, he seems that far off base its unreal, and it also seems like he tries to make himself look really clever by his posts that look very much a cut and paste deal.

it appears from his sig line that he is very proud of his MMI diploma and it seems like it gives him godly like knowledge of the workings of motorcycles that no other mortal that hasnt got a dimploma could posses. it wasnt until i read a comment on eric's site that i started to wonder what the deal was here. i dont want to diss anyone, but i more than anyone should be able to know what people and qualifications are all about- ive seen them all, students with more qualifications than ever- put them in a lab and they dont know their elbow from their arse. then there are the guys that have been doing the job on no qualifiactions for years and are the best techs you could ever imagine.

so we have several senarios here, number 1 is that i am talking out my arse most of the time, which could be true, but i doubt i would have lasted around here for so long, LOL.

i will leave the other senarios up for debate! :thumb:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
In my past experiences certs and diplomas have not meant a damn thing.

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
To be honest with you....its all over my head. Sounds like two guys trying to prove they are right.

I will go along with experience being better than a certificate. I work circles around guys with degrees. Unfortuantely they can get jobs without proving themselves.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Jerk alert..jerk alert..jerk alert. :laugh:

Bruce,
That MMI quote in his signature is from one of the dirt bike videos. I do not remember which one. Kevin Windham does something really dumb, then goofily says "I couldn't be here without MMI on my resume" or something like that.
Your buddy there has all the mechanical aptitude of a can of beans.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
To be honest with you....its all over my head.

roger that! Don't worry Bruce. Posers of any sort will eventually expose themselves.
just don't ask why I ride nekkid...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
LOL, this guy has a great future working in $8/hour jobs changing oil for lazy fat guys on Gold Wings. :)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Let him feed his own ego Bruce.

I'd post a couple of questions such as these -

Ask about the electrode position of the spark plug and how to read the mixture rings.

You can have two heads (gas, timing same) that both give 200 psi and one will ping and the other won't - ask him what could make the difference.

If he comes up with good answers throw in a couple of questions about the advantages/disadvantages of flat top pistons and how squish angle/area affects power.

That should keep him busy.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
LOL, this guy has a great future working in $8/hour jobs changing oil for lazy fat guys on Gold Wings. :)

That's sooo mean. :laugh:

I once hired a guy straight from MMI that burnt his hand every time he had to drain the oil from ZX-10's. I mean I can understand the first few times, but even I would have figured it out after, say, 10 or 12 times. ;)

I am in no way knocking MMI or AMI (I is a graduate).

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
Let him feed his own ego Bruce.

hows it going kiwi- i got that bloody rental truck out of that hole at glen helen btw, LOL. :laugh: :thumb:

i think i will just leave this dude to his own devices, i dont want to come off sounding like an arse as well. :eek:

some great replies guys, thanks!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I can see where part of your posts could have been misunderstood by someone (such as the above mentioned) that wasn't "street wise" on the topic.&nbsp;

Kinda like a foreigner that only knew basic english, and understood what a "sofa" was but then we started talking about "couches" and he got all confused.&nbsp; Looks like there was a bit of studying going on in between your post and his responses.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by motometal
understood what a "sofa" was but then we started talking about "couches" and he got all confused.&nbsp;

I used to work in a furniture store for a while during college.&nbsp; They told me the difference between sofa and couch was a 4 year degree :silly:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
LOL I clicked on the link to the thread this morning and got "We're sorry but this domain is over its allocated bandwidth, please contact billing/support." Must be us DRNer's flooded it. :eek:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Bruce, hell--we all know you're just a blowhard British bloke with a big freakin' chip on your shoulder. He clearly kicked your ass--now go pray to the drn gods for forgiveness. :eek: No lentil soup or kidney pie for a week.

Truthfully, though--you're one of the brightest here, and IMO--very, very reserved. So what was it exactly you were worried about? :think:

B

biglou

Hey Neph, across the pond I'm pretty sure they have fries on their shoulders. Not chips... :laugh:

Damn, I'm firing on all 7 cyclinders today! :flame: :yeehaw:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Bruce ~

It's very obvious you pose as a threat to this guys ego. He's going to school (paying mind you) in an attempt to learn half of the things that you know from experience. Don't waste your time and energy on him. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by bclapham

coming accross like a pompous, know it all, arse! :eek:

Would you prefer coming across like a pompous, know NOTHING, arse like Mr. MMI ? :moon:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
:laugh:

hey btw Rich: that RM144 is smoking! did a little trail ride on sat, it plain rips. pipey though, but the low speed jetting way mucho richo, i can see this bike only getting better and the fuel has been sat for a while also. i just hope the gearbox doesnt jump out of gear like some of these bikes are known to.

funny thing is, my mate with the same 02 RM didnt like it, LOL. it didnt rev enough, my fork valving was too stiff and my seat was too high....kinda funny since his is blown up, but thats ok since he is gonna resleeve his, sell it and find another new bike to break.....it really makes a mess when someone hones through the plating in order to salvage a duffed cylinder. gonna stay out of this one, LOL, just glad my spare cylinder is in transit so i wont be stupid enough to lend it to him, LOL!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom