Anyone know how I can lose my gut?

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
well-l-l-l..... you could stand too close to the pickle slicer....

<grin>
In addition to the above advice (which is about 90-95% spot on...):

- lot's o' water
- many small meals eaten throughout the day
- having some "snack baggies" made up and ready reduces urge to hit the 7-11 or snack machine in the hallway
- try not to eat after 7pm
- if having a bigger meal, try to make it lunch, not dinner
- cereal (no, *not* Cap'n Crunch....!) w/ fat-free milk. Very filling/satisfying. If you eat in a drinking glass - it's easier to control size of portion
- use smaller plate (it's silly but it works)
- eat slower
- think of food as "fuel" not "for fun"

A couple of don'ts:
- don't starve yourself! when you drastically reduce calorie intake levels, your body thinks it's in a famine (hey, it's not too bright, okay?) and reduces your basal metabolism rate (BMR) in an effort to help keep you alive. And then CRANKS UP the BMR when intake returns to normal (as protection for next famine). That's why people gain back the weight so fast.
- Exercise like a madman (with moderation, of course). Half the equation is proper/balance calorie intake. the other half is burnin' the little calorie bastar... up as fast as possible.
- Don't become a monk and suffer! Balance, grass-hopper.... If you're in constant denial: a) it's no fun at all b) it'll never last

And you need a reason/guiding statement. While training for the Canadian Ironman Triathlon, I would simply ask myself: "will this help me or hurt me?" Cheers! - E-Ticket

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by RoosteR13
Ya know, if a woman had posted this question )Anyone know how I can lose my gut?) in the Womens Forum, whata ya wanna bet one of the replies would have been "divorce him".
ROFLMAO :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
30 minutes of some type of cardio workout (brisk walking, rollerblading, swimming, etc.) every day and a low fat/calorie diet. Bottom line, increase your cardio and that will in turn boost your metabolism. By working your heart rate up to 80% for 30-45 minutes every day, you'll see the gut go down. Keep doing the crunches and sit-ups along with that and you'll have a washboard in no time. ;)

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
I lost right at 50 lbs. by drinking a SLIM FAST for breakfast instead of the big fattening breakfast I used to eat, plus I started drinking more water and less Coke. I cut back to 2 cokes a day instead of 10 to 12. I get more excercise but not much more.
It took a little time, but once I started seeing results, it made it seem worth while and easier to stay with it.
Now I can eat more and keep the weight off easier. I still drink a SLIM FAST most mornings but don't watch my other meals as close.
Scott

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Racer_x4:

It's called advanced photography:

Have someone take a picture of you (your gut) nekid - hang it up where you will see it first thing in the morning. That should give you some motivation!! :scream:

Then drink a slimfast. ;)

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
An addictiion to herion will knock some fat offen ya! I lost 20 lbs with the Adkins diet. Worked like crazy. I havent gained an ounce back either. The only real change in my diet from previous to Adkins is diet soda verse the leaded stuff. Im 40, ride once a week, and sit behind a desk for 50 hours a week. I CANT, not dont, CANT work out because of time restraints, if you dont count riding MX once a week as a work out. Adkins works, if your not hyperglysemic. IF you are, be really careful with your diet. If not, quit screwwing around, go Adkins, jump start your metabolism and loose the tire!

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Shawn Mc: I'm not gonna do drugs to lose my gut lol :moon: But anyways, where do I find this Adkins diet, I've heard a lot about it on here but is it like one of those book diets where you go to a fitness store and get it or is it like a schedule type thing? And where do I get it? :confused:

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Oh and I've also seen Hydroxycut in Muscle & Fitness magazine and read some stuff about it, it seems good, but I'm not sure it's for me....anyone have good results with that stuff?

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
RacerX you should be able to get the Adkins diet book at the grocery store in paper back for like 5 or 6 bucks. Its pretty straight forward. Read it before you go nuts on it though. You need to understand what your doing, and you'll be able to tailor it for your specific body type. I only wanted to loose 10 lbs. I ended up loosing 17, before my body found its level.
As far as that Hydroxycut stuff, I cant take it. Its too much. If its anything like that Xenadrine stuff anyway. Its pure natural speed. I took that stuff before I went riding one day and was shakin so bad I couldnt control the brake and shifter. I thought my heart was gonna jump outa my chest. Then again, a guy I work with eats those things like candy so...

good luck

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Not if you take the pre-cautions and see how your body reacts to Ma-huang extract (ephedra) by starting off on it slowly and don't OD on it. If you do all that and read about it more and likely you will be fine.

Last edited:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, drinking only water helps out alot!!!!!! and if you drink beer, drink something like Miller LIte, 96 calories, 0%fat, 3.2 grams of carbs per 12 oz's.......

ACES 2

Jul 13, 2002
If you can eliminate 3500 calories per week,you should lose one pound of fat.Two to three lbs a week is best.Much more than that and your losing hard earned muscle.Best of luck

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Dont quit eating breakfast. Your body needs the message to start the metabolism machine. If you skip breakfast, you will be giving your body the message to hord all fat and save it for bad times. Also as said before, lean muscle will burn more calories. So exercise is good. The biggest reason diets fail is because they are so extreame and different from what you are used to. Instead I recomend SLOWLY fine tuning what you eat and drink. Slow down on the stuff thats not particularly healthy for you and put in some healthy stuff. (Fruits, veggies, etc). Adjust a little every 2 or 3 weeks but dont stop eating what you like ( bad, fattening stuff) once in a while. Keep your portions in check to, just cause a its a diet cake, dont have 3 pieces.
Good luck

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
THE BIGGEST REASON PEOPLE FAIL is because they don't really care about the results. If you are determined to lose some weight then you will do it... . otherwise you are just waisting your time. . . . . you DO NOT need supplements to lose weight in any shape or form.. just eat frequently, drink water, eat healthy, exercise and you will get the results. . .set goals and post pages up all over your house reminding you to focus and reach them. . .. . being healthy isn't a vacation for your body it is a way of life.. and there is no better thing to do for yourself. . . good luck dude. . oh. . bye the way.. . ..this post has been floating around now for a while... whats the update, are you working at it, what are your goals and current situation?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Yeah - let usd know your goals so that we can lend some pier pressure. If you are going to come to DW in October - we can verify your progress by exihbiting you to the masses.

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Hey everyone. Yea this thread has been up for a while, at least a month or so I know of, and when I first posted this thread, I believe I weighed around 175-180 lbs. Now I weigh around 172-175 lbs. and my gut is slimmer now, not as round as it used to be, but starting to get more flat. And my "man-titties" :confused: are flatter too and you can see more muscle definition. I haven't had time to go to the weight room or anything because of my hanus work schedule, but I've been watching what I eat a lot more and I have cut down on the sodas, maybe like 5 total in a week and I drink a lot more water as well. Peer pressure, like you said KelvinKDX, would help me out a lot more also to stay with my goals. I'll try to keep y'all updated frequently. Oh, and another thing, football Two-A-Days starts soon, like around the first weeks of August and I know I'll probably lose at least 10 lbs. because they will be running our asses off in the Texas heat for 10 hours a day :eek:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Look - you are only 15 (close to 16). Just wait until you are 35 or so. Then let's see where your weight and gut stand! ;)

note: when i was 16 i weighed 135 and was starting to work out to gain weight! Got up to 155. .... then i got married & somehow an extra 40# came around real quick like.

Keep it up Racer_x4.

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
I start football practice in 2 weeks and I'll be doing a helluva lot of running, and lifting weights as well. I expect to lose at least 10 lbs. from this, hopefully maybe a little more. :)

agnOstos

Jul 23, 2002
You must eat breakfast! Think of your body as a furnace. To stoke the furnace in the morning is of utmost importance. It helps your body to start burning calories. If you don't eat breakfast, your body will adjust its fuel consumption and your metabolism will decrease.

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
I always eat breakfast, I only tried not eating it maybe a week or so and I couldn't handle it so I always eat somethin, those Jimmy Dean sausage and biscuits are awesome, two can get me full untill around 11:30-12:00 ;)

Top Bottom