150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone else on DRN plays guitar. I play a les paul and have been playing since I was 7 :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Off the top of my head:
AJ, Big Lou, Jaybird, Jeff Gilbert

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've been playing for about 18 years. I've never been in a band though. Just jamming at home. I've got an American Made Telecaster and a little Marshall Valvestate amp.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
I do.
Been playing a long time,(some 27 years or so) although you would not come to that conclusion from listening! :) I like to play to hear myself play, thats all. Its a release. I will sit down and just run with some random crap for about 20-30 minutes. sometimes winds up sounding really good, sometimes not. but when its done, I feel REALLY good. If i stumble across something really cool, I will write it down but not usually. Play along with songs too sometimes.

My Dad worked at a music store when I was a kid, so there were always guitars around, and I always had one of my own.

There are currently 9 guitars in my household, most of them are mine, 2 of them belong to one of my sons. We bought one for the kids a few years ago, and it gathered dust, until one of them picked it up and went to town on it. He is 14 now, and plays Tuba, guitar, bass, and drums for his school and belongs to several bands and performance groups in the community. He really is quite a prodigy. Can listen to anything and play it on guitar or a drum set just like that. Sort of makes me ill! LOL.

I showed him a few chords, and he ran with it and passed me by in a matter of months. :yikes:

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
i got the banjo covered

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
I Have been playing since I was 13 and I am 21 now. I Have few Guitars. I Have a Cort Acuistic and a Cort Electric Fender Replica. My Favorite is my Squire Telecastor.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I got a 60's Airline and amp collecting dust somewhere . . . I should tune that sucker up.

There's also the Jamir Babaganoosh Experience. They rock! Or they did, anyway. They are in semi-retirement.

Still waiting for my autographed copy of Fireplace Panties

Last edited:

adz-kx

Mar 12, 2007
i played for a few years but gave it up when i moved country as other hobbies took over it, i had a gibson les paul but sold it on evil bay hahaha picked up my little cousins guitar today actually and couldnt remeber a single cord :(

skyhigh230

Mar 21, 2007
ive been playing for eight years my dad has been playing for 23 hah im better than him and i got a 15 year old ibanez thats gray/black

Last edited:

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
well how good are you? do you even deserve that les paul? your 12,

basically, do you have the skills to rock out on that les paul the right way? i got a fender strat, i haven't played in awhile, i was descent

adz-kx

Mar 12, 2007
BBking25 said:

basically, do you have the skills to rock out on that les paul the right way? i got a fender strat, i haven't played in awhile, i was descent

if you are talking to me im 16 and i use to be good i could play all the ozzy tunes and black sabath a few tv and film theme songs like james bond mission impossible etc.... the borring **** out of the books :fft:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
BBking25 said:

Yeah who are you talking to?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
hahaha...he said in the message that the person he was talking to was 12. so put 2 and 2 together guys. 12 + les paul = 150rguy.

BBking who cares if he can "rock out on it the right way".

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I dont know If I deserve it. My guitar instructor says Im the best student of my age that he has. I found the les paul at a garage sale for a couple hundred (the sellers obviosly didn't know the value of a les paul). Before that I was playin some cheapo guitar from the music store/

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
I have been playing guitar for 3 years now.

I a playing in a band right now. It is our 3rd. Playing some shows and stuff

I have a

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Strat
A hand built Telecaster by muah

Amps:

Mesa Boogie Single Rectofier through a oversize mesa 412
Crate Blue Voodoo 150 (the old style)

You guys need to stop worring about if someone "deserves" a les paul.

I have a Gibson Lespaul, and they are nice, but they are amazing or anything. I have heard plenty of guitars that own les pauls.

Prs Custom 22 here i come..... :p

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
loudandproud said:
I have a Gibson Lespaul, and they are nice, but they are amazing or anything. I have heard plenty of guitars that own les pauls.

:p
That does not make sense :think:

Top Bottom