smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Hello everyone, anyone remember me? I've been lost among life for the past year or so, haven't had much time for the internet or DRN sadly. After I graduated college I went straight to work fulltime....3rd shift, and didn't have much time for sleep let alone anything else. Then, back on easter sunday I nearly lost my fiance and unborn baby girl, but after emergency c-section and many long hours of worrying mother was fine and two month preemie "Kalix Dawn" were both ok, although the little one had to be hospitalized for her first month in the world (http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kalixsmom/)

I've been moved to second shift for the past few months and remembered "hey I'm an LTM at DRN and haven't even checked in for a year, so just wanted to say hello to everyone again. I've still got my trusty KLX, but now a day in the dirt has been replaced by a few hours every so often on the twisty two lanes with my fiance and I firmly atop the V30 magna, I've only had my dirtbike out twice in two years :| I'm looking pretty good for DW'06 though :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats and glad your back.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Glad you found your way back and congrats on the life upgrade- kids will do that to ya. Be sure to find a little time to stick your head in and keep us updated.
My son was 7 weeks early and started out small but since has caught up and at 17 is now over 6' 2 so her cousin better look out.
Nice how you named her after your dirtbike- how did you ever get that by mom??

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
HEY YOU!!!!! Good to see you back and congratulations on the birth of Kalix. Sorry to hear that you had a big scare like that with Mom and the baby. Welcome back! Nat.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I know who you are. :) Welcome Back! I can imagine the stress you two were going through when your baby was in the hospital. Glad that seems to be going better now. :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
oldguy said:
Nice how you named her after your dirtbike- how did you ever get that by mom??

I had to go back and check....you're right!

Welcome back and congrats Jeff. It wont be long untill you'll have a new riding partner. They do grow-up fast.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Congrats on the new addition to the family, Jeff. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome back. Don't be gone so long next time!

Start looking for a 50, you will be surprised how quickly you will need it.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Start looking for a 50, you will be surprised how quickly you will need it.

I've already secured a nice old Z50 for my soon to be 3 year old, now just getting it running again is the next step :nod:

I once upon a time thought of selling my bike but I figured I'd have to teach Dessie how to ride somehow, and I can't run fast enough to keep up with a little 50 :laugh:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
motometal said:
were you at Casey for the second dirtweek/spodefest?
Yea I was there, I remember you. I was camped out with SlowpokeDennis and a few other ohio folks, rode a big bore KDX, I met a lot of good people that weekend. I've lost touch with a lot of people from the site that I used to ride with, maybe they're still all lurking around here somewhere.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Nice to hear from you, Jeff!
Congrats on the new youngin'.

Hope to see you again at Cooperland in Oct!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I remember seeing your name around, but have not been around much myself. A new job has been taking up my time and its totally horrible. Need to ride and surf more. Glad to see your life has swung back to give you more time for what you want.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Jeff! Glad to see that you're still among the living, dude. Life has a funny way of getting away from us at times. Congratulations on the latest addition to the family. I take it mom and the little 'en are doing ok now?

I hope all continues to go well for you.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome back, glad to hear that everything worked out and that your daughter is well. Like they said above, start looking for a 50 cause you won't believe how fast the time flys. I'd put in a little bit about how cute Eddie was but since she can't acess this form, it wouldn't be any FUN! :rotfl:

Congrats and welcome back. :cool:

Top Bottom