Anyone using a PC pipe on a 200?

xpwarrior

Jan 14, 2001
I've been having trouble finding a FMF torgue pipe so I was considering the PC. The PC is supposed to be more like the FMF rev right? Just wanted to get some other opinions before I buy.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I've got the PC pipe & muffler on my bike, I preferred it over the torque pipe (but am aiming to compare the two again soon).

I was worried it would make the bike more like my YZ80 (peaky), but actually liked how it delivered the power. I seem to have a different perspective of the KDX than a number of people here & that I've spoken to, as I've found the power very friendly and to me it doesn't have a "hit", it just pulls strongly. The torque pipe delivery seemed a bit flat. If I had to buy again, I'd probably go with the PC. But again, it depends on your riding style and preference. I haven't tried a rev pipe (can't justify another one), so can't compare to that.

I ride single track, sand based forest most of the time, and am as slow as a wet rag.
Michelle

xpwarrior

Jan 14, 2001
Hmm.. maybe a pipe guard on the PC

I like the sound of the power delivery from the PC pipe. I'm not a particularly talented rider so smooth is good. I've gotten good at torching the dents out of the stock pipe so fixing either pipe shouldn't be a problem. I also haven't heard anything good about FMF's fit and finish and the PC pipe is cheaper. I think i'll try the PC. It has to be better than stock (or at least weigh less).:)

Thanks
Jason

willstyle

Jun 7, 2000
I have the PC pipe/SA and I like them. There is a point when it really pulls on strong, but it is nice and controllable. I think it is a good all over the powerband pipe. I ride in the woods and at the MX track, and it works well wherever. They also are quite a bit cheaper for the platinum finish than the FMF. Just my thoughts

Will

whtkdxtra

May 23, 2000
I've got a PC pipe on my bike and it works great. We might not be comparing apples to apples though because my bike is a 1990. But I would recommend it to anyone with the 1989-1994 model. Increased power everywhere.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Re: Hmm.. maybe a pipe guard on the PC

Originally posted by xpwarrior
I also haven't heard anything good about FMF's fit and finish and the PC pipe is cheaper. I think i'll try the PC. It has to be better than stock (or at least weigh less).:)

Thanks
Jason

I have the FMF KG-30 REV and the TC2 silencer and the fit is perfect, maybe I got lucky but the install was a no-brainer and everything lined up well. This setup is like adding a turbocharger, definate mid range hit that lofts the front wheel in fourth. Kinda intimidating at first but what a blast. :) It sounds alot meaner too kinda like an MX bike but a little quieter.

Top Bottom