KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Went and saw my first pro Arenacross Sat. in Baltimore and I must say that was the most unenthusiastic crowd at any sporting event I've ever seen! The place was full but I would guess fully half of the people there had no idea what was going on , hardly any cheering, clapping anything. To prove this after the conclusion of 125 main they started grooming the track for the 250 race and a buttload of people left thinking that was the end! Bonus for us as we were able to go down and sit on the first level.
The racing was good though , didn't realize the track was that small. They were tearing it up! Reminded me of the speedway races , fast and furious. By the halfway point of the mains it was almost impossible to keep up with who was in the front. I think those guys deserve alot more credit than it seems they get, they were riding hard!

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Well if you went to baltimore you got to see my bro Jason Thomas get a 6 and 8 overall. #54 Valvoline KX team. I heard it was a good one from jason

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I remember the first arena track I saw... was hard to believe more than 2-4 riders could be on it at a time, it was SMALL.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
That's pretty cool MRK, I don't remember him but he's placing up there with the big boys must be a damn good rider!

wpdoughty

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
I'm taking my boys (10 and 6) to our first arenacross race in louisville, ky tomorrow night (1-24). we're all pretty excited about it. I hope it's as exciting as it sounds!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Just keep an eye out for 571 Kody Molitor, he is going to be a good one i think. He has started to show a few results and is a good kid.

wardy

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I've only been to arenacross in a 2-3,000 seat arena but I would take ear plugs for the young ones just to be safe. Can always decide not to use them but if you don't bring them for sure the kids will want them :)

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Wardy, I do remember 571 , he was having a rough night! He went down a couple times and slowed way down in every race after that. Hope he's alright.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
`he is a pretty tuf kid so I hope so also. kody is durable, if he is even 80% of what tommy has been he will make it ok

wardy

wpdoughty

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
Just to followup on our first arenacross experience. It was AWESOME! Small track, good racing, coming out of the hole shot one or two usually yielded a winner. A guy by the name of Jeff Gibson (67) really dominated the event. He won the 125 and 250 class, got a little lucky on the Dash for Cash, leader lost it in the last turn and he took the checkered flag. The other races he controlled the whole time. Highlight of the night for us, naturally the 65 cc class, those kids are incredible!

Boots

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I was there, wp.
Yup, Jeff Gibson is sure one fast pup! He was absolutely railin!
Did you see the fellow who vaulted over the fence into the aisle at the end of the rythum section? We were sitting right there.
The section of whoops was originally gonna be just a flat out straitaway, but after a few of the locals (Cravens, Sipes, etc..)rode on it, they protested until they decided to fill it up with whoops. Not a show without a good whoop section IMO.
The arenacross event at Broadbent is always a good show. Great crowd and riders.

wpdoughty

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
Hey Jaybrid,

Just saw your post, been in Chicago since Sun morn. We were sitting in the corner toward the end of that section of whoops. I had my two sons and a lady and her son with me, My ten year old and I missed the spill over the wall but my girlfriend said it was pretty hairy. My son was pissed that we missed it. We had gone to the restroom to wash cotton candy off his hands. We are going to try to catch this event whenever it's in town. My sons were so excited they rode for two hours in the snow on Sat! They loved it. Gibson was obviously the fasted one on that day, he smoked!

Top Bottom