WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
I lowsided my 426 my last ride out and twisted the radiator up pretty good & put a crease with a crack in my head pipe as well.
I called the dealer up to get some prices and just about fell out of my chair on how much they wanted for the right side radiator (263.00) and new head pipe (281.00 + 34.00 for head guard).

Is there any 3rd party manufactures out there to cut these costs?
or am I at the mercy of the dealer?

I know about an after market head pipe like an FMF Power Bomb, but what about the radiator?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Look in the back of some of your bike magazines. There are usually some ads in there for Radiator repairs. You'd be impressed as to some of the stuff they can fix. Also check around locally. I think the cost is usually around $35-65. Much cheaper than $236. Yea radiators are EXPENSIVE. I would highly suggest radiator braces/guards. Around $50-90, not cheap either,but cheap insurance that it doesn't happen again.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Dont rule out eBay on some of that stuff. There are lots of guys parting-out bikes, and you can find great deals on replacement parts.

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
Thanks Guys,
I went ahead and sent it to Mylers.
The same day it arrived it was fixed and shipped back home looking good as new, and it was twisted pretty good.

Now all I need is a new Head Pipe :)

Top Bottom