Attn KC/Mo riders-White Rock Ride 12/1-2

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
It is definite now. The yearly mountain ride in Arkansas is going to be Dec 1st and 2nd. We'll stay in Fayetteville, which is about 20-30 min from riding area (it is vast). This pretty riding-little mountains, big hill climbs, beginner loops to expert loops. This is the place that usually got the votes for favorite enduro on the Blackjack series (which includes Chadwick).

We have several confirmed from Topeka area, with a few of us from here in KC. PM myself or BlueThunder, or contact us through the KC Riders group e-mail if intereested.:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This sounds good. I'll check my schedule but it looks do-able at this moment. Thanks for the heads-up Sawblade.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
White Rock is southeast of Fayetteville, Arkansas by about 30minutes (about a 5 hour trip from KC) If you look in the road atlas, the place is vast. It is very remote though, so we stay in Fayetteville.

It is much more one-way trail. It doesn't have all of the trails cutting across each other like Chadwick, but very similar terrain, only bigger everything-park size, trail length, mountains. They don't have camping @ the trail head-we just always stay in Fayetteville. Well, we always see people camping close to the trail head, but there are no facilities

As far as user fees, this is a freebie. Considering if you are truly adventurous you could ride all day and never repeat trail (we have gotten seriously out in the boonies before) this place is a gem. The only downside is the main Blue loop (easy loop) is a bit chopped in the first few miles from quads, but not near as bad as Deepwater or Perry. After you get about 5-7miles into the loop, the quad ruts drop off considerably (its a 27 mile loop).
I usually bring a camera, although Lou's helmet cam would be perfect.

We will leave KC Friday night about 6pm, get to Fayetteville about 10:30-11pm, check in, sleep and be riding by 8am on the 1st.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Yeehaw..look out, the "yanks" is a coming! The mountains will be alive w/the sounds of thunder..or is that just the toe throbbing..hehe.
Looking forward to meeting up w/fellow DRN'ers and running around the hills together. See ya in December. Jason

B

biglou

I'm in, as long as my job holds out! Hope to see some of you "Heartland Spodes" again! Brian, Lorin, Justin, etc...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
Hope to see some of you "Heartland Spodes" again! Brian, Lorin, Justin, etc...

hi. i'm mx547, aka "etc".:silly:

Last edited:
B

biglou

MX547-You were indeed the "etc" that I was thinking of. I just forgot your first name. ( 8(l) DOH!!! Sorry!:o
Plus, I've seen you ride. I'd see you for about five seconds leaving the parking lot, and then every time you lap me!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
MX547-You were indeed the "etc" that I was thinking of. I just forgot your first name

...and after i made it a point to remember your name---LOU!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Can you give some info on the accomadations that you will be using. I would really like to do this. Last year, Dec. 1, as a matter of fact, I won the MAMBA. I plan to get a lottery ticket before I go.:p :cool: :)

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
My wife is checking on rates at the Holiday Inn that we usually stay at. It is in a secure area, with plenty of decent restaraunts close by. Our newest little guy is due any minute (day) so she will have the hotel info ready by next week hopefully (after the baby gets here).
Glad to hear you can make it. :cool:
Sounds like the smack talking has started already (Lou has begun to smack, with mx547 close in tow)-dang this is going to be fun.:p

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I'm in, as long as my job holds out! Hope to see some of you "Heartland Spodes" again! Brian, Lorin, Justin, etc...

I guess that makes me the other etc. Especially since I had to ditch going to Dirtweek at the last moment. It will be great to me the KC bunch.

Blue Thunder, The Yanks are already here. I'm just a transplant here from around KC. But the more Yanks the better! Come to think of it, most of the people I work with are transplants to Arkansas. Guess thats the only way to improve the state! :silly: Since I ride mostly MX, I'm looking forward to some trail riding again. Mental note, stay BEHIND Bswift! :p

I'm only about 30 minutes North of Fayetteville. If any ones concerned with bike security, I have room in my garage if needed.

B

biglou

Hey, don't knock Arkansas!

They just surpassed Mississippi to move into 49th place in the nation in the prevention of ricketts!:scream: Seriously, we'll have a beer and I'll put names with all of the "etc." faces. Cheers.:)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Any Ky boys allowed?

If not, blame BigLou....he invited me.;)

I'm gonna see what I can do. I'd like to make it. My wife has family in Joplin MO. That's not too far from Fayettville. My wife will go crazy when I ask her if we can go visit her grandparents!:p

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
More the merrier. We might actually have to start naming this ride. Hows about "Hicks in the Sticks"? That fits our group here to a tee. :confused:

B

biglou

Didn't anybody notice?

Al just made his sixteenth post! Someboby slow that madman down! He's gonna hurt someone.:scream: Actually, now that I think about it, he won't be able to keep up this pace for too long. .04 posts per day, there's no way he can sustain a pace like that!:p

ANGIE

May 29, 2001
It looks like I'm gonna be in the middle of this mess. Two things though try not to laugh at how slow I am and no making fun of the little bike. :)

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Welsome aboard-never, never do we knock a scoot, unless it's got two extra wheels:p !

BTW, to everyone attending, I've got 10 double rooms held @ the Holiday Inn Express for $59.00/day or about 35/person. We could squeeze three to a room if we have too, but if we know far enough in advance, we can get more.

Lou, quit showning off. I still can't crack that elusive 1 post per/day.:confused:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
This trip is gonna be fun, Angie, will be cool to have you here for it. Bring on that bad arse XR, I'm sure you will be roosting us!
Sawblade, I'm actually a displaced southerner, I'm from the "rickett prevention" state of Mississippi..hehe, thanks for the stats Lou!
Arkansas in December, Lou might even bring his banjo and play some tunes w/the locals..I seem to remember a pic called "ScaryLou"..yikes!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Umm, I am quite...dude I don't know what to do with that . It's like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure meet up with Fast Times @ Ridgemont High.:)

Top Bottom