bar snake & antivib bar ends...

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
OK, has anyone used or is using these items. what would be my benefit. here is my problem, my ritht hand falls asleep. i think it might be from vibrations in ther bar, but i am not sure. i make a living with my hands, so i dont think it has to do with poor circulation. from what i read, they take out the vibrations in the bar. is it true??? if it is, where can this old man get these at? I wrote C.P. products and am awaiting there answer.:think

Jason2001

Jan 3, 2001
This has happened to me street riding. In my case, the cause was worn out grips. I had to hold the throttle tightly to maintain throttle position. New grips and lubing the cables goes along way. An "old world" alternative to barsnakes and endweights is buckshot. Just pour it in...

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Ya think???

the bike only has 30 hours at best on it, so it ain't worn out grips, and the back and neck doc, well, i see him every two weeks anyway, just so I can get a blood rush! I serious, what do you all think of the bar snake and the anti vib ends. thats all I wanna know...........:cool:

Jason2001

Jan 3, 2001
BarSnakes are a pain to install and next to impossible to remove if you bend your bars. I've not used them personally. Barends do make a difference. I doubt that many would notice the difference on a dirt bike. Try the buckshot, it's cheap and readily availible.

JAY ALLEN

Oct 4, 1999
Hey guys/girls here is a cheap trick,Ii filled my bars with clear silicone . When i installed the barkbuster on my new bars i put one side of the bark buster on and then filled the bars up with the silicone until i could see it. Leave a little room for the other bark buster it seemed to help a little on the tingeling and its cheap

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
I believe they work

Hello GnarlyKaw,

I have personally experience the numb hand deal after hours of riding on a 94 KTM and on a KDX. Vibration can certaininly cause this. I rode in the woods today with a guy on a KX500, he said bar vibration was a problem for him untill he installed the anti vibration bar ends. He swares by them.

regards,
WoodChuck

Last edited:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Hi gnarlykaw

The stock handlebars already have weighted ends. There is a solid steel rod installed in each bar end. They are about 2 inches long with a threaded hole running through the center.

Many people report that aluminum handlebars transmit less vibration.

David

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
cool!

Thanks dave, I was begining to think that was the answer:confused: I was thinking about a new set of bars, and that was why I was asking the question.

cr250john

Jun 14, 2000
How about these?

They are bar inserts from (click=>) FASST Co..
They claim "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!!" on their web site.

I have their spoke torque wrench and it is a real quality item so I can only guess their other products are just as good.
You can't go wrong with a money back deal!

Check them out!

Top Bottom