• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Based on comments in the other threads, over-whelming choice for bars seems to be ProTaper?

Let's make it offical... take the poll.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I love the Pro Tapers on my bike BUT, I have also checked out the Flexx bars mounted on a test rig and I was pretty impressed. I think we're building ULTIMATE so F Co Flex.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
If we are building a woods bike for the 6' tall rider. Renthal Fat Bars High Minis. 29.5" wide stock. You dont have to cut the bars down, they are strong and there is plenty of horizontel room after the rise to mount computer controls, kill switch and roll chart.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I just said Universal to say something, but go with whatever blings it up the most.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
ditto -
i think Fastco would be best on an AFX bike.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The question now is... availability of ProTapers... I'd assume there are still many out in the channel? I heard that Easton was stopping production, thus the ProTaper Contour bars which will replace them. Regretably, reported to not have that ProTaper flex/vibration absorbtion.

That being said, we should consider the Flexx bars... to a "man" everyone that has them says they are far and away the best bars they've ever had. Just a thought. I know there aren't many of us that have tried them. I know if $ weren't an issue, I would.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I like the flex bars, but you might run into problems with mouting of bark busters and or damper? I think I've seen a setup on a web page, but never on person so I just throwing that out.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If you run the under bar mount or fender mount Scott's then there is no issue with the flex bars.

You can bend normal bark busters to work and mount them on the pivots so they still flex like they were designed to.

However, if you use bark busters with flex and have the know-how I would suggest using the triple clamp bark buster attachments and use a setup where the bark busters will mount to it but still flex with the bars. I can visualize it in my head but not explain it.

Ivan

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I voted Pro Taper but the Flex would be cool if they work with the hand guards and bark busters

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
$$ is an issue and I still have Flexx bars on every bike I own.

Mounting handguards through the pivot is the best way to go and considering the expertise of those involved, there shouldn't be any problem making/fitting a good set of barkbuster style aluminum guards.

I keep hoping that somebody will market a traditional, downward angled, close to the control style aluminum guard so I don't have to keep mangling the Moose guards in my vise.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
We should try some Pro Taper SE's, no bark busters, i dont think in SoCal there is much use for them..

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yes on the bark busters. It's an off road bike.

The more I think about it, the more I think Flexx bars. Why not go with something blingarific?

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
truespode said:
If you run the under bar mount or fender mount Scott's then there is no issue with the flex bars.

You can bend normal bark busters to work and mount them on the pivots so they still flex like they were designed to.

However, if you use bark busters with flex and have the know-how I would suggest using the triple clamp bark buster attachments and use a setup where the bark busters will mount to it but still flex with the bars. I can visualize it in my head but not explain it.

Ivan

I see it with a heim joint on the end for a pivot center mount, maybe a link if a single flex point creates binding of the flex bars.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
truespode said:

Ivan

Oh, Fasstco makes replacement crossbars for the traditional Scotts handlebar mount...so theoretically, there isn't an issue running Flexx with any Scotts configuration.

I had a second question/comment, but then the answer became apparent. I meant to ask on the phone but forgot...you know how it is.

mylesc

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2002
I voted Pro Taper but after reading all these threads about the flexy Fastco, I want to change my vote for Fastco.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Pro Tapers with Summers bark buster mounts is an option to retain the flex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom